Manny and the big 6


 



Better late than never. I’m starting this off pretty slowly. So last year during this time we I just completed our fourth round with Emerson, and I was super elated to get back home and to share some time with family. Especially because Emmanuel was going to be turning five. His golden birthday! So I had it all planned it was the new age of drive up parades and I was ready to have loads of people just drive by and love on Emmanuel from far away. But little did we know true to Emerson fashion he spiked a fever and we ended up back in the hospital. But that wasn’t going to stop me from making sure that Mac’s big brother had a wonderful time. I was so grateful for my mother-in-law, Ayeya was able to stay at the hospital with Emerson, and I was able to step out enjoy the festivities.

I decided to start writing letters to the kids for their birthday when Emelia  turned three last year. What a wonderful way for the kids to have some thing to look back on and to reminisce. I mean let’s be honest if I’m really good I will managed to save all the cards and notes that family and friends wrote to them but I’m sure the toys and the other physical gifts may be long gone by the time they get older. 

=•=•=•=





Where do I start

Manny you are my first born. And in every way you have blown my expectations out of the park. I’m pretty sure you would love that.

This past year has been such a building block for you and you have risen to the occasion. 

If I could give an award it would be to you. I’m still trying to figure out the best title.

Best son

Best Big brother

Our Hero

Most valuable Kid

I’m pretty sure the list goes on and on. I am constantly being reminded by your daddy that ‘we have amazing kids’. To be honest sometimes in the craziness of the days, and mama thinking of the joy you would bring to your baby brother I forget to tell you. 

Manny you are absolutely AMAZING!


To think that seven years ago me and your dad got married, and little did we know God was going to give us the most amazing gift, you. 

I’m reminded of your entrance as daddy and I danced the days away for two days at the Jazz Fest. Well I guess all the music made a deep impression on you.

Don’t you realize the musical talent you have. 

 šŸ„ with Mr. Tony, who says you have natural talent and an ear for it

šŸŽ¹ we have just added this one, but you are picking up those keys

šŸŽŗ well not just yet, but you know exactly how to blow just right...how do you do it, tell mama your secrets

šŸŽø and as per usual you will follow daddy and I’m sure you will have jam sessions!


This year has been hard, but you have surpassed anything we could have imagined. You stepped up without question when your baby brother needed you. Not one tear was shed when you were poked or connected to multiple leads. You smiled because you knew that your cells would defeat the bad cells. You have often reminded us that it’s okay to be sad, that you know Emerson is with Jesus. I’m so glad that you made sure to hold and love your baby brother as much as you could.  I see that the love you have for your family far surpasses my understanding. 


As always you like to keep us on our toes. I did not expect that signing you up for ⚾️baseball, that you would hit it out of the park! I mean well almost! But I see your determination. I’m officially a baseball mom! WHAT! Get this I’m hearing they may start drafting by the time you turn 7! You astound me in that no matter what you do your desire is to give it your all. I mean you would practice from sun up to sun down! 


You are currently rocking out in learning schooling. It’s a delight to see you learn about Jesus, count coins and enjoy reading books in  both English and Spanish. 

Tum Tica Tac Tic Tum Tica Tum Tum (story about Tito Puentes)


You are truly what made our family! It’s because of you I’m a mama! Though it makes me nervous to see you explore. Like when you climb trees šŸŒ³ or do a crazy new trick on your bike šŸš“šŸ¾‍♂️. I do not want to live in fear and  or allow you to reach the stars. I can make this promise to you: I will do my very best to support your in all that your desire, and will be there to help after you have fallen, or kiss all the boo-boos. 


Heavenly Father, thank you for giving me the honor of being Emmanuel Ernesto Calderon’s mama. It is through him I was gifted the title of mom. Lord Jesus I ask that you continue to go before him, and that his feet may be placed on the righteous path. May you continue to work in me and through me, so that I will be a good example of the fruits of the Holy Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self control. May he be a man after your heart. May you teach me to enjoy this sweet boy’s life as he grows in leaps and bound. I ask that you protect him in all he does. May he be reminded that he was created for a purpose. I ask of this in Jesus name, Amen




 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings...

Shaken up

Make that a combo please