Happy Birth day month!


Good morning. 
I want to only place thoughts in my head and my heart that are going to leave lasting memories. This is sometimes hard to do. I’ve realized this as I walk with Christ. Many assume that oh those Jesus loving folk got it all together, they just call on His name and blessings rain down. Well yeah that’s true...but even the most righteous have to go through trials and tribulations. I mean have you heard of Job, he got his world turned upside down.

So is everything Emerson going through fair? As his mother I would say absolutely not. Do I believe there is a greater purpose in all of Mac’s suffering and his road to recovery and being rid of this leukemia? YES! So despite my flesh wanting to yell from mountain top of how unfair this all is, my spirit desires that I continue to trust in Jesus and his plan for my son. Now that doesn’t mean I disregard treatment or forsake the wisdom and knowledge of the  medical staff. I know that God has allowed man to research and create things in medicine. 



Update points
ultrasound: no changed just sludge (read post from 12/5/19 for explanation of sludge)
liver # are still elevated
*many factors play a role in that: medicine (chemo), nutritional supplement he receives through his semi-permanent line, antibiotics, anti-fungal
So it is understandable the changes going on
feeding plan
So yesterday attempts to do feeds with my breastmilk through the g-tube, went well, but with all the excess phlegm he is producing it settles in his stomach and he becomes quite fussy. 
Today the nutritional feeds will be stopped and resumed at night only. We will work on giving him blouses of my breast milk (20cc/ml every two hours). That amount for the bolus may increase if he tolerates. This will be followed by a continues feed of 5cc/ml an hour over night. 
I’m praying by him getting something in his gut will help.
 *hence my desire to get some even better nutrients by going to a plant based diet

chemo in spine today
 😳
Leukemia lesions in the brain are difficult to get to, and be penetrated by chemo. You see after the first round of chemo we had not quite affected those lesions. Hence this round the combination was changed up a bit to include 3 medications 💉. So initially plan was twice a week until there were a total of three samples that were clear of cancer cells. He met that mark over a week ago, so currently it’s just once a week sampling and chemo infusions. 

Now I mentioned about treasured moments earlier. Do you know that today Emerson is 7months! 🧁🎉🧸🎈🎁
I am just in awe in how God has been bringing Mac through each step of this journey. So I ask if you today to flood this particular post with well wishes and even prayers in thanksgiving as we celebrate this amazing little boy’s 7 month of life.

Thank you Father for choosing me to be Emerson’s mom. It has been such a honor these seven months to watch him grow. Despite this diagnosis of leukemia, you have allowed him to get over every hurdle. May you continue to bless his life and keep his health in the palm of your hands. Amen




Comments

  1. Happy Bday sweet Mac. Sending love and continued prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark 4: (35)  That day, when evening had come, Yeshua said to them, “Let’s cross to the other side of the lake.” (36) So, leaving the crowd behind, they took him just as he was, in the boat; and there were other boats with him. (37) A furious windstorm arose, and the waves broke over the boat, so that it was close to being swamped. (38) But he was in the stern on a cushion, asleep. They woke him and said to him, “Rabbi, doesn’t it matter to you that we’re about to be killed?” (39) He awoke, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, “Quiet! Be still!” The wind subsided, and there was a dead calm.

    V35: Let's cross to the other side. (Promise)
    V37: Windstorm arose (Problem)
    V38: Jesus in the stern on a cushion, asleep (Presence).
    V39; He awoke, rebuked the wind and said to the waves. "Quiet! Be still!" (Power)

    Emerson the Lord has shown in the midst of "Cancer", His Promise, His Presence, His Power, His Provision, His Sovereignty. So as we the believers celebrate your birthday.

    I said happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday. Let Jesus be blessed, let Jesus be blessed , happy birthday.
    HALLELUJAH

    I put my little twist in it. (LOL). Can wait to hold you again. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Sweet Mac! "¡Feliz cumpleaños!” xoxo
    Elvin/Elizabeth - The vulnerability, humility, and selflessness of the Calderon-Goodly family during this trial is a blessed example to those of us who name the Name of Christ. Thank you for allowing us in to travel this journey of faith with you. We thank God for you all!
    "Truly I tell you, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith!"
    Math 8:10
    In Love and Prayer - The Turners

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Little Warrior! Praying that God continues to strengthen your body and heal your body. I can't wait to see how God continues to use your story to reveal His glory.

    Continuing to pray for you and Elvin, also, Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday Emerson from Ms. Sheryl

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings...

Shaken up

Make that a combo please