What is your focus?


Krewe of Calderon!


So a short update and then I’m going to get real. 
Praising God for Emerson’s health. I mean his numbers continue to improve. This week Mac has been quite congested, which means a lot of coughing attempting to bring that yucky junk up. We continue to work on eating, sometimes with enjoyment, other times with uttermost defiance. Lips so tight, I know that he is breathing through his nose, and he will not budge. Not even a small opening to taste. We have been sleeping better with continuous feeds (checkout post on 2/16/2020)


This past Friday...well let’s just says it had been a day. It’s Mardi Gras down here in New Orleans, so that means busy city and kids are off for a week. On top of that I’ve been trying to make sure things are in order, at least in my eyes, before Emerson is re-admitted for his 3rd round of chemo. I often find myself so caught up in ‘stuff’ I forget about what’s really important. My kids!
Have you heard of Mary and Martha?Well let me share their story

Well I’m sure glad I was reminded of how much of a Martha I was being  by my eldest. As of late Emmanuel looks a tad bit like Elvin, with his haircut. But hair style aside, he is my spitting image in every single way. Well we were all outside playing, as the weather has been beautiful. As I sat peeling an orange, my son noticed I had been quiet. So he sat next to me, very lovingly. 

Me: I’m having a bad day
Manny: it’s alright, it’s going to get better. Just try not be mad at everything. 

In that moment it was like a punch in the gut. I am often a bit controlling when it comes to keeping the house and all the craziness of the kids. He made me realize I do tend to worry about all the tiny little details, rather than just enjoying the moments. So I took advantage of the wise words of my son. We played outside, he attempted to ride his skateboard (on his belly), his sister ride her bicycle (backwards). This was followed by roller bounce ball: me tossing my yoga ball at them and the laughs that I got I wouldn’t trade that for all the world. 

In that afternoon my son Emmanuel reminded me that I was so busy worrying about stuff (laundry, messy toy room, spilled juice, fighting siblings). It wasn’t important at all. Time I got to really just enjoy the kids that afternoon was so much better.

Thank you God for children. For the blessing of being a mother, and sometimes being given a better understanding of what is important. I’m grateful for the story of Martha and Mary. May I not  loose focus from you on things of the world. In Jesus name, amen


==•==•==•==•==
Manny had a pre-k parade at school


Ready to throw some goodies with help from his 7th grade buddy (Alexa)

Our one and only parade: Nomtoc



Daddy and princess

Slept the whole time...Banda and all

Manny and his parrain Stephen
Best: future drum major! My big guy Emmanuel

Comments

  1. Psalm 127: (3) Children too are a gift from Adonai; the fruit of the womb is a reward.
    (4) The children born when one is young.
    are like arrows in the hand of a warrior.
    (5) How blessed is the man
    who has filled his quiver with them;
    he will not have to be embarrassed
    when contending with foes at the city gate.

    Enjoy your babies and trust in their wisdom that God gives.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings...

Shaken up

Make that a combo please