Ungrateful

 *not feeling or showing gratitude; not pleasant or acceptable


Morning everyone. It has been a while since I have written. I will be honest, as I have always been. My motivation for the blog has not diminished but let’s just say I’m trying to catch up. Well what does that even mean? 

I am still in the current mode of ‘just being mom’. Now with that said, I do not by any means diminish this role. If anything I have a profound gratitude for the many women who have taken on this role of motherhood. Believe me there are many versions as well. 

I have always wanted to be a mom, but I don’t think the desire of being a mother and the reality of the responsibilities are remotely in the same realm. 

You see you enjoy holding your niece/nephew or even your best friends kid. You do not mind babysitting or picking that cute outfit while your picking up something for yourself. 

The reality is this

you are responsible for a life

clothes are worn today, and shrink overnight

  ✳️so hand me downs are the best

your kid does not need shoes unless their walking...well even then you often can’t find the matching pair

waking up to 🤮

realizing that your kid did not wipe their butt

constant washing of clothes

keeping the kids pre-occupied 

  ✳️that may mean the occasional 15-20 tablet time, but most of the time they just want and/or need your attention

  ✳️no they don’t need to be in 20 activities, unless you have hidden cloned versions of yourself 

choosing to work or not, ultimately has to do with PRAYER

choosing public/private school or homeschooling has to do with PRAYER


Now I say all these things to remind you that when it’s all said and done, there will be times when your kids are plain and simply UNGRATEFUL! No matter how much or how little you do. 

Can you believe that? The nerve, of a 5 year old pouting because they want what that other kids has 🙄. Well it will happen, more times than you can imagine.

But let’s take deep thought here. How about us as adults? How often are we ungrateful? For our job, or the vehicle we drive or home we live in?


"give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."

1 Thessalonians‬ ‭5:18‬ ‭


This verse was one that I constantly turned to especially while dealing with Mac’s diagnosis. It would have been easier to just pout and stump my feet, but what would that have accomplished. 

You see God had chosen me to have the children that he blessed me with, and that included a horrible illness for our youngest. Though not a moment went by I did not desire for his illness to be upon me rather than him, I knew that showing my gratitude for his life and for the victories we did have and even the fall backs I knew that it was honoring our Lord. 

Thing is, most of the time our children will reflect what we show them. My sister has a saying ‘an attitude of gratitude’. This is something that is on repeat at our homes. It has been on repeat in my brain as I struggle with being grateful for the lives of my 2 who are still with me. Who are running about, calling for my attention and antagonizing one another. 



Father thank you for waking me this day, and breathing life into me and many whom I love. For many of us we go through our days, our lives with the thought that we expect or deserve things. May we be reminded to give thanks and show gratitude for all that is around us. That may seem daunting to us in the world we live in. Remind us that our gratitude is reflected onto our children. Let us show grace to our little ones as you Lord have poured out on us, time and time again. We love you Lord, in your name we pray Amen



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings...

Shaken up

Extended stay @ Ocshner