Home sweet home


Good morning everyone. 
So it’s Hottttt! And, oh yes I’m back home! It’s been about a week now.
I am going to give you all a break down of what occurred and let you know what’s to come. Here it goes:
4th round of chemo occurred second to last week of April
  *it went pretty well. I basically took my chemo and told my leukemia cells to stand back and get out!
 I went home after my 6th day and last dose
 *got to go home and hang out with my siblings
  *i can’t wait to start walking and moving more, there in for a rude awakening!😊


@ my follow up my mom was told that basically my numbers were ZERO! 
  *remeber ANC ( thereal number of white blood cells (WBCs) that are neutrophils), well that’s the important for my immune system. 
  *my mom was told she could go home or be admitted, well she chose to go home for a few more days!
Saturday before my big brother Manny’s  5th birthday, I got a fever. That’s not good especially when I’m neutropenic (condition that results when the body does not have enough neutrophils, an important white blood cell that fights infections)
We went to hospital where I was admitted and placed on antibiotics, to make sure I don’t get an infection
My brother had a parade for his birthday, that sounded super fun!
I only had about 3 big 🤮. Not bad in my book, considering I normally am really sick to my stomach.
  *i had to get 1 of 2 doses of my spinal (intrathecal) chemo. They have to put me to sleep=sedation. Dr. V says I’m too strong for him and his team to hold me down 💪🏾

I got a special medicine (Neupogen): it can help the body make white blood cells after receiving cancer medication.
  *took about 3 doses before they started to see my numbers improving
  *in the mean time I received platelets twice and blood only once
Have I mentioned how important it is for donations? I mean I am so grateful for people who have taken their time to donate blood products. 
bad news:
I got a skin irritation by my g-tube (where I receive my feeds) during the time of them giving me medicine to help my numbers go up. Concern was for an infection. My mom was on top of it though; putting ointment and even asking for the surgery team to come and check it out.
finally after a few days on antibiotics my skin got better, and I got to go home

So since I’ve been home I’ve enjoyed snuggles with my daddy and ayeya and mere-mere. You won’t believe it but I even got to go for a walk with my tias! I’ve also tested myself by placing my toes in our inflatable pool. 

I am so glad to be home, that hospital room is too small, and I am limited in where I can go.
So here is what to come
✳️visits to clinic
  -change my dressing over my semi-permanent line (Broviac)
 -labs to check my numbers 
✳️next week: multiple studies   
  -MRI: of basically my entire body
  -LP: lumbar puncture, where they will take a sample of my fluid. I will also get my 2nd, and potentially final spinal chemo
  -bone marrow biopsy, to access my marrow and determine if there are any leukemia cells
I can honestly say I’m not looking too forward to that as my mom will have to starve me prior to all of this.

Praise report: based on these findings I may be done with chemo! 🤗🥳

My big brother has been singing this song: Waymaker (click to listen)I thought it was fitting. As Jesus has been making a way, like a bulldozer in my life!
Dear Jesus, you have kept my small little body so strong during this time of treatment. I want to say thank you and shout praises on high. My mom says you have great things in store for me, and I can’t wait to tell everyone my story. I pray they can see you in me. May you continue to bring good health to my body. In Jesus name, Amen

Comments

  1. Praise the LORD, for He is a Way maker. Praying for everything to be clear and to not need any more chemo. Praising God in advance. In JESUS'S name I pray. Amen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings...

Shaken up

Make that a combo please