My mom rocks!


Hanging out...that’s what it’s called when we have been in the hospital due to low blood counts and basically just being monitored until numbers come back up.

So my mom wrote a letter to my big brother for his 5th birthday. From what I hear he had an amazing parade (my mom will post video). My ayeya came and stayed with me so my mommy could be there. 
*my mom apologizes for the tears

As you can figure we are back in hospital since this past Saturday. I was doing my best to stay home and be able to celebrate with my Manny, but last Saturday morning I got a fever. Well, at my doctor visit the previous Thursday I was told that
✳️ my blood count and platelets were down= need for transfusion soon
✳️neutropenic
     🧪presence of abnormally few neutrophils in the blood, leading to increased susceptibility to infection. It is an undesirable side effect of some cancer treatments.
Neutrophils are a type of white blood cell that helps heal damaged tissues and resolve infections.

My mom had  been told that they would allow her to take me home if I wanted or I could be admitted that day. She chose to go home, because she knew once I got a fever we would have to go in. Which means a few weeks, as we wait for my counts to go up. 

Here is my update
no fever since we have been admitted
they are stopping my antibiotics today
got intrathecal (spinal) chemo on Wednesday 
    *I am doing fairly well, only 1 big  🤮. My tummy sometimes rumbles
my mom wants them to stop the nutrition through my semi permanent line (broviac)
 *TPN: fluids that are given into a vein to provide most of the nutrients the body needs
I am currently taking breastmilk and g-tube feeds.
 *so plan is to increase the g-tune feeds to stop the TPN

My mommy, or mama bear is very much about advocating. She has even learned how to turn off the pump and disconnect my line when my medicines are done. Often she is making her own plans, always fun. She does have my Titi always giving suggestions as well. You know like juicing and giving that through my tube, or other various supplements. 

Currently I’m taking a nap. My mom really appreciates this as she can get some things done. You know like:
Drink  ☕️
Take a 🚿
Go to the 🚽
I have some serious separation issues, but who could blame me. I’m super cute and my momma will come at any time! 

Thank you God for this day. I’m so grateful that we are just hanging out in the hospital and I have not had too many complications. I’ve heard that with all I’ve gone through it’s amazing to see where I am today. I look forward to see what you have planned for me. My mom reminds me of how much you have blessed my family and poured out such healing unto my body. Thank you. In Jesus name Amen 

Ps: please don’t forget to honor those ladies who are mothers. Wether, biological, adopted, through strong bonds (friends). I can’t really say thank you to my mommy but I think she knows I love her, especially when I give her a sweet smile. 


*These 3 little people are who I love so much, and I’m blessed that God chose me to be their mama!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings...

Shaken up

Make that a combo please