Brave & Strong


Good evening everyone in Mac nation! Hey I like the sound of that. I mean you all as family, friends, even those who I don’t know personally, have been walking with Emerson during his journey with AML.


Many of you know that this current admission into the hospital was not anticipated or even foreseen. Emerson had done so well during the course of treatment that when follow up studies were done and everything was returned as clean it was such a time of rejoicing. Of course I was doing my best to be diligent with him at  home, and we had check ups scheduled. Little did I know that  God had not quite finished Mac’s journey.

In the past 2.5 days my happy bubbly Emerson was not so. He slept most of the day, not much smiling or laughing. It made me a bit nervous. As in the last 2 rounds of chemo Mac was quite happy, at least most of the time. 

So I sing songs of praise today. We are currently on day 3 of 5. Can you believe it? The chemo has really working on his little body. In the first day, the first three medications had him crying the entire time. On a day like this when he gets spinal chemo, I prepare myself for the storm. 

You see 

he has already 🤮 countless amount of times, that he is on medicine for nausea/vomiting schedule

he has to get eye drops every 6 hours, they burn (they are steroids)

still on antibiotics, but currently only one (ESBL: klebsiella pneumonia) More info

  *remember the chemo is going to whipe out his immune system, so the antibiotic will be working solo to get rid of the infection 




Guess what? You don’t have to hold your breath. God is amazing. He is merciful and a great physician. He gives wisdom to the medical team taking care of Emerson. Mac has been awake and smiling today and enjoying time with ayeya. This past few days he has been so tired and just slept most of the day. 

It makes me think that even my husband and I choosing his name was not out of coincidence

Emerson: brave

Daniel: God is my strength 

For me that sums up my 1 year old boy who is taking this leukemia diagnosis and is the bravest person I know. I know who strengthens him daily. 


Father in Heaven I praise you! Despite the storm and all that moves around in this world you stand still and and make me aware of your love, mercy and grace for my child. May you continue to watch over Emerson during his treatment. In Jesus name amen

Comments

  1. It was so good to talk to you today! Thank you for sharing your story with me and with the world. You, Emerson, and your family will be in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is indeed an ever present help. Thank you for letting us in on the journey to know God's strength does not run weak. I pray 100 fold on all the tears you and your family has sewed. God has his hands on Emerson!!! #MACNation

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings...

Shaken up

Make that a combo please