Forgiving


I’m sorry

I won’t do it again

I will be good

Please 

Can I

Mom...Dad (insert kids name) is *bothering me

*wont share

*hit me

*touching me


I used to think I would be the fun mom, but I have learned that I’m not. It’s like my severe Type A:

  ✳️ The hypothesis describes Type A individuals as outgoing, ambitious, rigidly organized, highly status-conscious, impatientanxious, proactive, and concerned with time management. People with Type A personalities are often high-achieving "workaholics".

(Bold and underline that is I)



I think I struggle now more than ever. As a mother to 3 kids, all who have their own personalities. How dare they 😳

Of course I’m sensitive to Emerson, with all he has gone through. Though he is getting a bit mischievous. 

I desire for

 my house to be clean at all times 

for their never to be a mess after eating (as if we are in a horse stable)

not have to change my own clothes, 5 times in a day 

not to be asked for the 100th time to be given something to eat (I think my home is a seven eleven)


All this in the midst of scolding and fussing. I mean I get kids will be kids...well obviously I don’t. I mean I think it’s become more evident with me being home and the children out of school, earlier than expected. Often in the morning I ask for my kids to turn the volume of the ears the good Lord gave them so that they listen well. Yet at the same time I would like to turn mine down 😂. I actually did that the other day, for about 30 minutes, and ironically ignoring them they played well and nobody complained 😳 WHAT! I couldn’t believe it. 

The thing is I desire for my kids to run around and make noise. But when I say so...joking. I do desire to follow a great saying if Daniel Tiger:count to 4

That little tiger has some thoughtful messages. 

This past year has been rough, specifically for Emerson. I so want to just enjoy my kids at this point. But I like Peter, the disciple question. Why? How? What? When?

Peter saw Jesus walking on water, and asked to be called out, and yet he began to fear and started to sink.

Peter was told that he would deny Jesus 3times before the rooster crows. But he was refused to believe that he could ever do that. 

But my favorite is when Peter ask how many times we should forgive our fellow brothers/sisters. Seventy times 7! Now that equal 490, but technically it’s meant to be infinite. Then Jesus goes into The Parable of the unforgiving servant

I love the last one about Peter, because I so desire to show grace to my children. Listening and forgiving them to infinity and beyond. We as parents love and cherish our children, and yet we forget the deepness of our heavenly Father’s love for us as his children. His ability to forgive. My eldest will often ask after I discipline him ‘do you still love me?’ Right away I respond ‘I never stop’. 

So when you have been wronged or have done wrong, remember that Jesus love is NEVER FAILING


Father God, thank you for your love and mercy for us your children. That it is unconditional, without any buts. Lord may we as parents remember to be unconditional with our children. May we seek you Jesus, in understanding patience, and granting wisdom as we raise our children. In your name Amen

Comments

  1. I understand where you are coming from, but someone has to be the one to say , No, not now, leave that alone , you get what I mean. Unfortunately, that is also part of being a parent. Kids act like the hate discipline , they need it. They actually do want it. They just don't know it. As they get older, they do realize that they were disciplined because they were LOVED. That's the difficult part of parenting. It's not fun for you are the kids,but it has to be done. Don't be soo hard on yourself Mom. I'm sure you are doing a great job. You and Elvin . Continuing to pray for the family.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings...

Shaken up

Make that a combo please