Cuddle or cry


So this past week has been filled with celebration. 

no more chemo for Mac

  *emerson rang the bell

1st birthday celebration

  *drive by parade was sort of rained on by Cristobol, but we had a lovely group pass through!

 *ladies from child life @ the hospital, sang for him and got him a balloon and a cupcake that sings

  *another sing along celebration @ the clinic with cupcakes (carrot with cream cheese frosting) courtesy of Dr.V!







I must say Emerson’s brows would have told you a different story of his lack of enthusiasm at what was going on. Overall those of us who could share in physical celebration, rejoiced with him. Many of you shared your thoughts through WhatsApp and some even sent letters. 

It has been overwhelming the outpouring of love and support. I mean we have been receiving it from day 1, but this past week has been so joyous. Though I did not doubt the Lord’s capability to heal my son, I was not full of joy when I saw Mac suffering. The long days and nights of side effects and symptoms of chemo. The only thing he could do was cry, and so I held him. During the 2nd round, which was the worse, there was a long period I dare not touch him. He was fairly well sedated and his skin was burned and his mucosal lining was shedding! No mother should ever have to experience.

Though now I’m in a pickle! You see the truth is Emerson is a tad bit spoiled, I mean I can’t blame any one person, for I’m included. Thus kid loves to snuggle, I tell you! He loves to have you close. Now many who know me, mom yes I know, I don’t really like being touched. Currently we are in the situation that you can’t put him down. 

I set a timer and sat next to him for almost 35 minutes 😭. It was not constant, it was like a waxing and waning. I pick him up, he stops, five minutes, attempt to lay him down again, right back hollering😲.

 My current state is I’m laying in bed with Emerson being cuddled by the birthday girl, his mere-mere.


So I think we may need to create a sign up sheet for cuddles with Mac. I am sure it will fill quickly. Needless to say I have a sweet boy who refuses to sleep solo. 


Thank you Jesus for sweet boys. I did not know so much love could come from little packages. You knew what you were doing giving me my three little ones. I can only pray that the love I give to them is as unconditional as your love for me. In your precious name, amen




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings...

Shaken up

Happy Birth day month!