Emerson turned 1...praise the Holy One!


Good evening all. So I obviously hadn’t written since a few days when Mac posted. Today was an absolutely amazing day! 
*Mia was very excited to sing!
Well first off let me say that my Lord and savior breathed life into me and many of my loved ones today, so that in itself is a blessing. But many of you know that today we celebrated Emerson’s 1st birthday! I can’t hardly believe it to be honest. I mean I’ve felt since his birth and recognition of what was perceived to be a visual impairment that God was going to be doing a work in Mac. Has he been faithful or what! Hallelujah (that would be the response from the Golden girls from my home church @Connect church Algiers). 
This past year has been nothing short of miraculous. I’m thinking maybe a book or even short film. Ironically that has been on my heart a lot. Not because of a need to fill a $ void, but because I desire for others to hear his story and the healing process. That despite all the scientific medical stuff, God’s hand was in Mac’s life and by the power of the Holy Spirit every last test is clear of any leukemia! Praise Him!
I will admit I have been a tad bit short with my older kids.  I think that I realize how much they desire my attention. Currently, believe it or not I still have all my stuff packed by the door ready to go. Only this time our trips back to the hospital are for follow-ups!
This afternoon we had a drive up parade, which I’m sure Mac will be super excited! 

Dearest Emerson, 
 One year ago you entered this world, and with your first breath, Jesus was planning to reveal himself to our family and the world, by using you. 
No words could truly express the joy your mommy had when I heard you cry. You see your older siblings were waiting to hear all about you, and well your heavenly brother or sister knew all about you. 
Did you know that my water broke with you? That lovely little sack that you were being kept and nourished you, actually broke, as soon as we got to the labor floor. That although you didn’t come as swiftly as your big sister, you didn’t waste any time. That I pushed you out on the floor of the shower with our lovely midwife, who was also expecting, on the floor! The sweet sound of your cry was so exciting! It took a while for you to get really warm so you hung out under the ‘panda’ for a while. When they told me how much you weighed 8’11oz, I couldn’t believe it. I mean you were my fluffiest baby ever!

Though it wouldn’t be until the following morning that your very intrusive doctor mommy noticed something different in your big eyes👀. From that moment on God was going to show us exactly who was in control, and that He was still in the business of miracle. 
Through many visit with the eye doctor that lead to some traveling and back again to then the diagnosis of leukemia @ just 5 months old. You fought so hard the entire time. Though many people would say my faith was unwavering, they just didn’t realize how many prayer warriors were lifting you up and supporting us in so many ways. 
Though in the future if you desire you can read all about it. 
The most exciting part about this first birthday is the fact that God granted complete clearance of the leukemia. 
As I see you roll around, as you desire not to crawl, and pull yourself up, I can’t see you not just flourishing. Though I was worried about how you would develop, the Lord has showed me that nothing will keep you back. Thought like your sister you may be stubborn, you are adventurous like your big brother. Oh the adventures you will partake in, and I can’t wait to experience them with you.
So today we celebrate your first birthday and the blessing of you being cancer free. 
Love Mom


"Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.
1 Timothy‬ ‭6:12‬‬


Jesus thank you for this day, for it was not too long ago I did not think that I would be celebrating a milestone as such. I am grateful for the strength you provided to me, and the power of healing to Emerson’s body. May people continue to desire to read my little notes and see you and desire to get to know you. May I continue to praise you Lord. In your son Jesus name, amen.

Comments

  1. Happy Birthday Emerson praise GOD you made it. Hallelujah From Ms. Sheryl

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings...

Shaken up

Happy Birth day month!