Back at it again


Good morning. So we are back!

Following our post on Sunday, detailing our recent stay for Emerson’s 3rd round of chemo, he continued to have some vomiting episodes. Now I had prepared for this, and honestly if I had felt that Mac wasn’t feeling well enough to be discharge after his last dose of the round, I would have put my foot down, to make sure we stayed. 
There is the thought of give the days of chemo that the patient needs and get them back home. This is all good in theory, although my thought is why not keep them for 24-48 hours, like an observation. By doing this you give a peace of mind for the parent/caregiver and allow for the patient if they become symptomatic they are in the right place.
Now don’t get me wrong, it was nice to get home for a little while and be normal so to speak. Bathe my kids, comb my daughters hair, read books with my son, attempt to potty train Mia 🤨😒 (little girl is stubborn)!
There has been at least some improvement in the amount of 🤮. Currently my little champion is sleeping. His counts are as per schedule dropping, with the need of transfusion yesterday.

==•==•==•==•==
Today has been an improvement with Mac. He is actually breastfeeding a bit. Unfortunately there has been a development of lesion in his mouth. As many of you recall our last lengthy stay this was a major issue (mucositis). We are praying that it’s severity will not be so intense. Currently his absolute neutrophil count (ANC)
  * The real number of white blood cells (WBCs) that are neutrophils. The absolute neutrophil count is commonly called the ANC. ... The normal range for the ANC = 1.5 to 8.0 (1,500 to 8,000/mm3)
  * The lower the ANC drops and the longer it stays low, the higher your risk of getting a serious infection. If the ANC drops below 500 for a few days, you are at a very high risk of getting an infection

Of course with that said and the concern with the Coronavirus it presents concern. Due in part to Emerson’s recent chemo and now the downward slope we are in, I would say we are in the best place. 
Reality is, in the last few years with so many devestating things occurring in our world.
  *wars
  *natural disasters
  *trafficking (sex and slave)
  *abuse (on so many levels)
  *diseases (this current Coronavirus)

Now I’m not claiming to know things, or have the ability in prophecy. What I do know is the need for those of us living in this world, there is a great need for people to come to know Jesus.  You see we live in a fallen world, due to our sinful nature. It’s not just us as adults but even our own children. Now I don’t believe that in my current situation with Mac’s leukemia that this has been Jesus condemning our child, or me/my family. You see the diagnosis of our Emerson was gut wrenching, something that I would never wish or hope for even an enemy. Unfortunately because of our human choice to often turn away from Jesus we live in a world filled with illness and a whole lot of just mess. I can tell you, as many of you all know that my faith in Jesus has brought me great comfort and strength. I have often likened not walking with the Lord as a person bobbing in rocky water without a life vest. 

“We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain, where our forerunner, Jesus, has entered on our behalf. He has become a high priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭6:19-20‬ ‭NIV‬‬


Now it is not to be said to follow recommendations of knowledgeable resources, I mean don’t let us be foolish. 
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction."
-‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭1:7‬‬

Where does your hope lie?

Father in heaven thank you for blessing our Emerson with another day. Grant his body strength and the regaining if necessary cells so that his body can fight against illness. I know that our hope is in you. I pray as this very  dangerous virus has made its way into the world that you grant knowledge to those making decisions on behalf of the citizens. Protect those who are weak in health. May people come to know you during this time. May your love pour out into them as you show them grace and mercy. In Jesus name, amen

Comments

  1. We thank you LORD for our little EMERSON . We know that he is in your hands. Everything with the believer is for a reason. We thank you for your encamped angels around Emerson right now , that are keeping him from all hurt harm or danger. Raise him up as only you can. Raise up that white blood count. We thank you for this request in advance. In JESUS'S name. Let the CHURCH say AMEN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is Yes Lord!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings...

Shaken up

Extended stay @ Ocshner