Confined


Good evening everyone. 

First I would like to pray...often I do this at the end but I feel the need to with many people around the world dealing with this illness, Coronavirus ‘Covid-19’.
Father God, I thank you for life. For the breath that was placed inside of me this day. But for many, today they would breath no more. Though this virus has taken so many lives at this time, there are so many other reasons death comes upon us. But, Lord, I do not desire to live in fear. For those of us who are living in fear, may your presence be known. May they realize that hope in you is far greater than hiding in the dark. Protect those, medical professionals and family members, who are tending to those who are sick.  Guard those who are at risk, elderly, children, those who may be immunocompromised. For those of us who may not be exhibiting symptoms, may we not assume that we cannot spread this illness. May we make wise choices when it comes to gathering or stepping outside of our home. May we be kind to one another and not be greedy when it comes to obtaining necessary supplies. Let not fear, pride or greed blind us. My hope and trust are in you Lord, may others be granted with this. In Jesus name amen

==•==
Currently Emerson and I are held down in what I would say is the
best place. Pediatric floor! So there was no way that Dr. V was letting us out at the end of last week anyway. Numbers are still changing and the ANC (absolute neutrophil count) is ZERO. I’m sort of stuck solo as they don’t want but 1 visitor. Well technically I basically live here. I mean my rent is included on the bill 🤗 . There is security check, and temperatures being taken. I understand the precautions especially for a little one like Mac. I feel for the adults, as they are not allowed any visitors. I’m told unless it’s dire or death imminent, no one is allowed. 


Today has been amazing none the less. Thus guy is growing and wanting to eat. He enjoys sweet stuff though, yogurt...pudding! He even drank out of a bottle. He just about refuses to take an
afternoon nap. He wants me to basically hold him all day. The problem with that is...well...his head is big 😆 and my arms get tired. Despite him being connected to so many things, he basically wants to stand up on me and bounce. He even manages to roll over multiple times, trying to reach for little items in the crib. When he doesn’t get his way he cry’s, more like screams 😩. You would think I have done something awful. 

Our morning was the smoothest by far. He had a scheduled lumbar puncture with spinal chemo. I managed to sneak in a breastfeed, as I knew it wouldn’t be right on time, and he fell asleep. He fell asleep 😴, until transportation got us. And usual all the staff, primarily ladies in the surgical center flocked to come see just how absolutely adorable this kid is. He only cried when I passed him off to anesthesia. 
Oh but wait have I not shared the best part of the last 36 hours. Well let’s just say that I didn’t know Mac could hold so much 💩. Well you see, the diapers did not contain them. He went through every single pair of his pmts. Of course my pants and clothes were made casualties. I have been led to double diaper him and tuck a washcloth into his backside. By God’s Grace he has not been vomiting, and he has a desire to eat. Though I know tonight may be rough with the spinal chemo.

I could have never imagined my life without being 💩on. I’m grateful for my mil, Rosa who has been tasked with schooling my kids. They will be fluent in Spanish and Mia, will be potty trained. My mama Goodly, for fixing me food, lots of veggies, before she would have been shut out of the hospital. My hubby who is finally getting to chase his dream with a job with NOFD,  starting with some intense training. This life it is amazing, and I’m fortunate to be part of it sharing with all you. 
So try not to get to frustrated with the four walls of your home...or hospital room. Try to be patient with the not so clear thoughts of someone who takes the last roll of toilet paper or hand sanitizer. Just stop, and be grateful at your state of health. 
Check out just how Great our God is in all of this. 


Comments

  1. Isaiah 40: (28)Haven’t you known, haven’t you heard that the everlasting God, Adonai,
    the Creator of the ends of the earth,
    does not grow tired or weary?
    His understanding cannot be fathomed.
    (29) He invigorates the exhausted,
    he gives strength to the powerless.
    (30) Young men may grow tired and weary,
    even the fittest may stumble and fall;
    (31) but those who hope in Adonai will renew their strength, they will soar aloft as with eagles’ wings; when they are running they won’t grow weary, when they are walking they won’t get tired

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings...

Shaken up

Make that a combo please