Fear...not


Definition according to Wikipedia:

An emotion by perceived danger or threat, which causes physiological changes and ultimately behavioral changes, such as fleeing, hiding, or freezing from perceived traumatic events.

That is the emotional state in which many of us are dealing with. Now I say this not to downplay the situation at hand with this spread of a virus that is increasing numbers of cases and of course deaths. 
May I remind you however of the following
*elderly unable to leave their homes 
  -lack of transportation
  -financial status
 -inability to stand in long lines (physical capability or concern they may fall ill)
*many adults, who were hospitalized for other reasons (who have no option to have loved ones visit)
*those who are ill, that unless I’m death bed, have no visitors

Manny is enjoying books being read in Spanish (playing outside).
 Mia is enjoying Being creative with arts/crafts (and being potty trained)
I would be trying to throw pity for myself, but I know that in my heart I and Mac are in the safest place. But my heart hurts for my kids right now. You see, in the last 20 days, they have seen me for about 48 hours. That’s not in  any constant time frame. Now they are sorta self quarantined with my mother in law (thank God for her). What breaks my heart is that I had to tell them today that their daddy is sick, and even though he is right upstairs that they wouldn’t be able to go and see him. Right away Manny became tearful and you see Mia, who is beginning to speak more, ask ‘why mommy?’ 

 backdrop
Elvin started firefighter training early this week. Yes for the second time within a different parish (county). Now this go round appeared to be a bit more intense, but he went through hard core training just last year. 
So handsome right!
Last night Elvin tells me he is feeling warm and his head hurts. He finds the thermometer and has fever of 102.8. He takes some fever reducing medicine. We both end up on hold for hotline to get evaluated. After getting through I explain the situation to a nurse, and advise her of my situation with Mac. Within the next 30 minutes Elvin has a link to a telemed doctor and he will be seen, virtually that is. Within an hour of symptoms starting Elvin has been recommended to be tested. He contacted his captain, and by following morning he was headed to a secure area for first responders. 

Now as a medical professional myself I don’t pretend to know statistical data for infectious disease. But I would hope that the majority of folk understand that to not spread it, it must be contained. That means limiting exposure. You see the reality is that many of you all may come into contact with someone and not even know, due to lack of active symptoms. 
So do not rush stores and ransack their shelves as if it’s doomsday. But do be wise and remain where you are if you can. Think about your loved ones and the loved ones of others.
Weighting 7.0kg tonight! Yeah
Think of those like Mac...

My mother shared with me this evening a book and chapter from the Bible. She told me that she had found out it was my grandmothers favorite. My grandmother, mami, had actually wanted it to be read at her funeral. I thought I would share it with you. 



Father God, thank you for today. For your unfailing love for tour children. Though we are living in a time of uncertainty, filled with so much, illness/war/hunger/greed. I know that your are faithful in your promises. Let us not fear which we can’t see. May we focuse our trust in you above all things. May your spread out your Holy Spirit as a protector to those who have fallen ill to thus virus. I lift up especially my husband. May his health recover and may you shield the household to not becoming symptomatic. Father only you know what tomorrow holds. May we shelter in your shadows. In Jesus name Amen.


Comments

  1. Psalms 89: (1) I will sing about Adonai’s acts of grace forever, with my mouth proclaim your faithfulness to all generations;
     (2) because I said, “Grace is built to last forever; in the heavens themselves you established your faithfulness.”

    (8) Adonai Eligei-Tzva'ot! Who is as mighty as you, Jehovah? Your faithfulness surrounds you. (9) You control the raging of the sea; when its waves rear up, youcalm them. (10) You crushed Rahav like a carcass; with your strong arm you scattered your foes. (11) The heavens are yours, and the earth is yours; you founded the world and everything in it.

    (12) You created north and south; Tavor and Hermon take joy in your name. (13) Your arm is mighty, your hand is strong, your right hand is lifted high. (14) Righteousness and justice are the foundation of your throne; grace and truth atend you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings...

Shaken up

Extended stay @ Ocshner