Round 3: get out the way




Good evening everyone! So it’s been a while since my mom let me write to y’all (that’s how we say you all down here in LOUISIANA)! Well I just want to share some amazing news.
So as many of you all know my last series of test in early February went well. I mean my scans were negative, no lesions in my brain. That yucky mass that was in my groin, vanished. I mean who would have thought? If you recall a special doctor who does radiation therapy had come to talk to my mom during our first stay. No need for that, praise God. Also my bone marrow has been ๐Ÿฅ‹๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿฝcancers toosh with the help of the medicine and with God by my side!


Well some of you may know that I was admitted this past Tuesday, right after my big sister Emelia’s birthday. Plan was for 5 days of chemotherapy. Only 2 medications this time (cytarabine: 2/day and etoposide: 1/day). I was a little worried that my body would be overwhelmed with all the medicine, and we would be here for a long time. Guess what? We are going home today ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽŠ! God poured his blanket of protection over me, like Daniel in the lions๐Ÿฆ den. 
My parents are packing up to get ready as I write...well I’m actually sleeping. 
I am also excited because I just turned 9 months! Can you believe it? I’m sure my parents weren’t thinking about that moment. Just taking things day by day, with my leukemia that is.

So as if on que, I’ve thrown up. ๐Ÿคฎ quite a lot. So they gave me some medicine and I fell asleep. Again? Yes that’s what we babies often do: eat, ๐Ÿ˜ด and ๐Ÿ’ฉ. In my case there is also a lot of ๐Ÿคข๐Ÿค’๐Ÿ˜ท๐Ÿฉ
Well my siblings came to accompany me home, they sure were happy to see me! As was I. Currently I am hanging with my mom. I’ve thrown up a few more times since we have gotten home. This means changes of clothes. 
My prayer is this
Jesus, may I not feel so sick that I don’t eat. May you keep my body strong. I know that my numbers may go down, but protect me from outside illness. Amen

Comments

  1. Psalms 42: (8) By day the Lord directs his love, at night his song is with me, a prayer to the God of my life.

    You are Emerson life and we come to the giver of life that preserve life. That you would give Emerson an appetite to eat and gain strength to fight off anytime thing that would try to harm his body.

    That you cause his body numbers not to go down. You created these jar of clay from dust and you cause all things to function in these bodies. You spoke life in these bodies and every function to your likeness.

    Thank you for perservering his little life for your glory.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings...

Shaken up

Make that a combo please