Brave Big Brother

 



I am honestly not even quite sure where to start. 

You see today’s post is about my oldest, Emmanuel. I think every parent desires to see greatness in their children and for them to know that there sacrifice can be seen rooted in their lives from Jesus sacrifice for them. I’ve only always wanted for my kids to do amazing things. I mean I would say I’m a bit bias in saying that my kids are truly AMAZING!

So as many of you know when Emerson’s leukemia returned we had to really meet up at the round table with the medical team. The discussion: transplant. There was possibility of it being me or manny. However, the re-induction chemotherapy did not destroy all cancer cells, and increased the risk of complications. This put talk of transplant on back burner as there was a tough decision on what mode of chemotherapy would be next. That’s when we were met with the 15 day course.

At this point Mac is doing amazing. Although his numbers are still down, that is a good thing, and chemo has worked. Do transplant has been put back on the table. Things are moving quickly as the team wants everything ready.

So who is the donor...big brother Emmanuel. Can I tell you how excited he is. He understands that his good cells may be able to help the bad cells. He also knows that if there are any complications that it isn’t his fault. Trying to explain to your child like superhero’s and bad guys has been the best way. 






Manny is the second most courageous boy I know, after Mac that is. 

Once agin though, despite all the chemo, Emerson’s leukemia is back. Though it hasn’t filled up in his marrow, he is showing signs outside: 

lesions on his head, and currently on his back and chest

swelling to his eyes and side of face

Transplant is off the table...

✳️trial chemo, never used in littles ones like Mac back on table

✳️No transplant

✳️hospice care has been contacted

Whaaat?!

Yes this is where we are at, but I will update you all about some other changes that have been made, in hope and prayer to have things change, if it’s in God’s will.

Right now, I just want to share that my first born, Emmanuel: who is kind, brave, sensitive and daring is the most amazing kid I know. I am blessed to be his mom.




Father God, I want to first give you thanks and praise. We trust in your sovereignty in this time of change. Lord I thank you for giving me the honor to be Emmanuel’s mommy. I am so taken back at his courageous and lack of fear as he has been so determined to do anything to make sure his baby brother is healthy and strong. He knew before I did that he was going to have a baby brother, and he chose to love him beyond measure from that moment. Though the situation has changed I am grateful for his willingness, and his ability to understand. May you continue to guide Emmanuel and I can only hope and pray he will come to know you Immnauel ‘God with us’. I pray in your precious name. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings...

Shaken up

Make that a combo please