Prayers




Hi everyone. My mom says I can write today. 

This post won’t be long as I’m pretty tired. We are back in hospital with fevers. I just wanted to talk about praying. 

It is defined as a ‘verb’ in this fashion: addressing  a solemn request or expression of thanks to a deity or other object of worship.

For me and my family that means our request or pleas are being brought before our Heavenly Father, God. We send them through his son, Jesus. 

My mom would tell you that she was raised Catholic and had learned many prayers. Many of you know prayers, specifically as you learned them growing up.

But can I tell you something, a prayer doesn’t have to be something you were taught or memorized. Often times I hear my mom saying: 

✳️please Lord help my son, or ✳️give me strength this day. 

She closes it with:

✳️in Jesus name Amen


Now during my time of illness I know that many of you have prayed for me, and I’m so glad to have prayer warriors. But I plead with you to take action.It’s easy to get one our messages and your instant reply is: Praying for you. 

Literally stop for a moment and pray. It doesn’t have to be pretty, or elaborate, just cry out to the Lord. Thing is Jesus already knows your heart, but He loves to hear the words flow from your lips. So don’t worry if you don’t know a specific prayer, just speak from your heart. 

My mother has said that when God’s children pray its a wonderful thing. Even more so when there is a collective praying on behalf of another, it’s almost like a prayer going up into the heavens through a megaphone. It’s catches God’s ears, and it pleases him to know you seek him.


Father God, I am having fevers. My medical team has not found a source of infection and believes it is most likely due to the chemo and my non-existent chemo. Jesus may you rid my body of these fevers, rejuvenate me to my exploring ways. Renew my mouth so that I have a desire to eat food. Can I also ask for a special prayer for baby Scarlett. She was born with an issue with her organs. Her mama and daddy, Tiffany and Patrick love her very much. There has been complications lately. Jesus I pray that the test and medications will be effective, and if not by that route may you show your powers through a miraculous healing. I love you. I pray this in Jesus precious name, Amen



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings...

Shaken up

Extended stay @ Ocshner