Anxious...

 I shared  a bible verse this morning from

* Philippians‬ ‭4:6-7

So I only though it fitting to share of my anxiety. 

==•==•==


Lately I have found myself being a bit more anxious than what I would like to be. Since Mac’s latest treatment I feel lost and not knowing what the next step is. So many unknowns it’s hard for me to plan or organize (you all know how much I enjoy that). I know that many of you would say: 

‘its okay, I have every right’.

The real of it is this,  if I am anchored in Christ and I trust Him then there is no room for anxiety. But I know that it’s just the devil at work, questioning my foundation. Just as when satan asked Eve in the garden of eden about the tree of life

  “Now the serpent was more crafty than any other beast of the field that the Lord God had made. He said to the woman, "Did God actually say, 'You shall not eat of any tree in the garden'?" And the woman said to the serpent, "We may eat of the fruit of the trees in the garden, but God said, 'You shall not eat of the fruit of the tree that is in the midst of the garden, neither shall you touch it, lest you die.'" But the serpent said to the woman, "You will not surely die. For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."”

‭‭Genesis‬ ‭3:1-5‬ ‭


So how often are you tricked or lied to? It’s seems easier when your distracted and really don’t recognize that you are being swayed. Now kids can often do this, when they ask one parent  (who says no), and it’s followed by asking the other. For me my anxiety tends to hit when I have to leave Mac and knowing I’m headed to see my other children.

The big lie that I keep being told, by myself: you can do it all, you have to do it all yourself, you do it better! Once those have been set in I’m on a mission for perfection. Let me tell you my attempts almost always fail. I end up fairly frustrated and completely lose my opportunity to just enjoy my time. 

The thing is just as easy as it was for satan to tempt Eve, he will do it to you. There is no discrimination. Did you know that God knows your weak spots too? The great part about God knowing the weak parts, He desires to strengthen them. 

So during this time of Mac being ill I don’t want my anxiety to affect my experience with the kids.




Father God, you ask for us not to be anxious in anything. When I read those words, there is such peace that comes from them. Yet the devil in his persistence often tries to shake up our faith, which is found in your word that is truth. Lord may I turn to you in times of weakness. When my desire of perfection is just an extension of my pride, don’t allow it to blind me. May I enjoy my children and opportunities to spend with them, and not take it for granted. I am reminded that each moment is precious and irreplaceable. We are so grateful for the good results that were received today, and continue to ask for healing and restoration of Emerson’s health. In Jesus name we pray, amen. 

Comments

  1. What was his good results? Enquiring minds want to know. LORD we do pray that you comfort Elizabeth's heart and allow her to rest in you. Knowing that Emerson is in your hands. In JESUS'S NAME WE PRAY AMEN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hebrew 4: (1) Therefore, let us be terrified of the possibility that, even though the promise of entering his rest remains, any one of you might be judged to have fallen short of it; (2) for Good News has also been proclaimed to us, just as it was to them. But the message they heard didn’t do them any good, because those who heard it did not combine it with trust. (3) For it is we who have trusted who enter the rest.It is just as he said,“And in my anger, I swore
    that they would not enter my rest.”[a]

    He swore this even though his works have been in existence since the founding of the universe. (4)
    For there is a place where it is said, concerning the seventh day,

    “And God rested on the seventh day from all his works.”[b]

    We all have that struggle as believers to enter into the rest that the Lord had laid. We know the foundation that Jesus laid is unshakable, but to rest in him.

    Help our sister to enter into your rest through these difficulties time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings...

Shaken up

Make that a combo please