Rough night, tough Boy

 

Good morning everyone. You know as I write those words it makes me think. Is this truly a good morning in which I will just go about a routine? Or is this truly a praise worthy morning in which I rejoice in the day that God has allowed for Emerson? I think I would go for the latter. 


I will be honest it’s hard for me personally to see joy in a morning in which I myself didn’t get much rest. I find that when I’m tired I am grumpy. 

As of late with Emerson relapse I try to put myself in his place. I mean I have had countless prayer request to remove what afflicts him and to place it in me.



 Last night Mac was in rare form. But who wouldn’t be? I mean it was day 13 for him. At this point he is exhausted, of that I’m sure. Sweet boy was crying with his eyes closed. No matter what I did to try and comfort him it wasn’t working. I mean many of you who are reading are parents. It really breaks your heart when you can’t make your child feel better, for whatever reason. I can honestly say that I know it would be even harder if Mac was able to speak. At the moment it is just crying, and often screaming. For the many of you who have gone through chemotherapy, you can empathize in his suffering. 

Currently as I write this I just finished doing a little school work with Manny and Mia (with the help of my sister, thank God for her). I am so elated to see them, but I will admit that on a day like this it’s a bit harder because I know how hard Mac has been having it. It’s harder to leave him, but I miss my oldest and desire to spend time with them as well. 

Today was a day that I looked into my sons eyes and saw his fatigue and how much he wanted me to hold him. The small attempts to smile through his pain/discomfort.

So what do it do, cross my arms and pout because I slept as much as he did...not much? Or do I love on him, hold him, kiss him, laugh when he has an explosion 💩or 🤮 on me right after a shower. Though I think of what may come from this round, my hearts desire is to keep my eyes focused on Christ. Trusting in Him, that His plan is greater than what I can understand. Though I want to think of tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow, God reminds me to just think of today and what is before you.


Jesus, thank you for today. I ask for restoration for Emerson body and we are coming to an end of this round of chemo. I’m so grateful for each moment you give to me with him. We continue to pray for complete healing in hopes of transplant. I am grateful that you are the great I am! In Jesus name we pray, amen


Comments

  1. As I was reading everything I felt sorrow, but the Lord lifted my heart with His word.

    Nahum 1:(7) Adonai is good, a stronghold in time of trouble; he takes care of those who take refuge in him.

    What a reminder "He take care of those". I can say YES LORD, hallelujah.

    John 3: (29) The bridegroom is the one who has the bride; but the bridegroom friend, who stands and listens to him, is overjoyed at the sound of the bridegroom's voice. So this joy of mine is now complete.

    HE is the bridegroom and we are the bride that is held but the bridegroom. Hallelujah

    All responsibilities falls on HIM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and his ears are attentive to their cry;
    The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. The righteous person may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all; he protects all his bones, not one of them will be broken.
    Psalms 34:15, 17‭-‬20 NIV

    Thank you Lord, we strongly believe your eyes are on Emerson. Thank you beloved Father for listening to every single prayer on his behalf. May his parents be strengthened by your mighty power. We strongly believe in your Word, trust you and praise you, Almighty and powerful God. You're you're worthy of worship, honor, and glory! Thank you for Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. We love you Father, Son, and Holy Spirit! In Jesus, Amen


    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings...

Shaken up

Extended stay @ Ocshner