Time



“For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted; a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; a time to seek, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; a time to tear, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; a time to love, and a time to hate; a time for war, and a time for peace.”

‭‭Ecclesiastes‬ ‭3:1-8‬ ‭ESV‬‬




I have come to realize how precious time truly is. Although we live in this world in which there is a definition for time: hours in a day, days in a month, months to a year. We create schedules and appointments with goals to be met. Since Emerson’s diagnosis I have attempted to be fairly militant when it came to how things were being done at home. Let me admit that it initially was just my way to control things, to have order you see. I came to realize that my need for control was actually my reaction to not having any control of what was going on with Mac’s illness. I could control what the kids were doing, and what was being eaten, laundry being done etc. I had no power over the leukemia. 

Thing is God has complete control, at all time.

We may be worried about some time constraint, but not God. There is no 24 hours in a day, there just IS! I say this because as I sit and watch my son sleep so peacefully, all I can think about is day fifteen when this round of chemo is done. Lately I feel Christ is calling me to just enjoy the now, rather than the then. I will be honest this round has be quite nervous, especially with the fear of complications, even more so since that dreaded conversation of what to do if my child were to be unresponsive and very ill with an infection.


“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way, though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble at its swelling. Selah”

‭‭Psalm‬ ‭46:1-3‬ ‭ESV‬‬

https://www.bible.com/59/psa.46.1-3.esv


I am reminded that relying on myself solely is empty. I mean I know who I am anchored to. Christ. So why let my heart be troubled or overwhelmed with unknown? Trusting in Him, and not knowing, yes it’s hard, but God has gone before Emerson this entire time. He is not just abandoning the work that is being done. Though I do not know what the finished complete work is, I trust that God’s plan is going to be a marvel. 

So yes time, it’s precious. So I’m going to enjoy my time with Mac, and not allow fear to take hold of me. 

How will you spend your time?

Father God, I am grateful that you encompass time, and that there are no limits for you. I am also grateful for the reminder that their is a time for everything. May I keep my eyes fixed upon you and not fear over unknowns. Your plan is perfect and good. Thank you for your faithfulness to Emerson and the strength you give him as he fights the battle. We love you, and we pray all of this in your precious name Jesus, amen

Comments

  1. Thank You Father for Giving us Insight to see things the way You see them. Thank You for giving us The Grace to trust in your will for Mac's Life. We prayed for your increased mercies and Grace for the Calderon Family in their great time of need. In Jesus 's name we pray. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lord, thank You for Emerson and the blessing he is to so many. Lord, continue to cover this family with strength and peace. Continue to guide Elizabeth and Elvin, along with the other doctors. May you be the strength when they get weary and joy when the pain seems overbearing. Be their peace. Continue to grant them the peace that surpasses their understanding and continue guard their heart. You are Faithful and we know Your ways are perfect. Thank you for the testimony of Elizabeth. She is truly a gift to your kingdom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 Samuel 12: (20) Then David got up off the ground, washed, anointed himself and changed his clothes. He went into the house of Adonai and worshipped; then he went to his own palace; and when he asked for food, they served it to him; and he ate.

    Yet, I'll trust you Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are holding on to the Lord, while trusting in His sovereign plan, hand, and power. Continued gratitude, love, and prayers to the Lord for you ALL. Love you Deuce!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings...

Shaken up

Make that a combo please