Mr Trouble



Everyday is truly an adventure with Emerson. I mean from when I learned we were expecting him (during surgery for my broken fingers). How about when Manny told me he was having a little brother, when we shared that he would be a big brother again. Oh yes, how the ladies in the clinic would fight over doing an ultrasound to find out what we were having. 

I can honestly say that Emerson doesn’t always follows the plans for the day during his treatment. There is always something interesting that happens. 

Well yesterday was quite a day. The temporary line that he has in his chest just decided to stop working. Of course it stopped, literally right before Emerson was supposed to start his chemo for the day. You see at this point Mac has had two repairs to this line. Both Dr. V and I were really pushing for a new line, in the previous week. Well actually I was pushing for it during our admission after the relapse. At that time though Emerson was having frequent low grade fevers. 

Well today was quite eventful. Well not too much. Emerson slept very well last night, taking up much of the bed. I was unable to feed Mac past 10. Well I am so grateful for Ayeya as she came to the rescue. If I can’t feed this kid, there is no way I wanted to hang around.

So I headed out to spend some time with Manny and Mia. Emerson didn’t get down into the procedures until 3, and finished up about 6. God has been so good, with no complications occurring. Currently just a really sleepy baby. 


Father God we are so grateful for this day you have given us. You had a hand in protecting Emerson with the procedures he had today. I ask for rest and restoration to his body, and that the new line functions well. Watch over him as I worry about fevers. May there be no cause for additional medications. 

We pray this in Jesus name, amen


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings...

Shaken up

Make that a combo please