A new day:: REJOICE


Good morning everyone. I will do my best to keep you all updated daily’. Currently if your subscribed to this blog you should get an email reminder when there is an update. For whatever reason that option is not working. So I currently have a little over 100 people in a group what’s app chat. Now for many of you who know how this application works. It appears the issue is when your notifications are on, as your phone is constantly chiming. Now I have suggested turning off notifications; and if there are messages you want to share directly with me, send privately, Rather than in the whole group. I understand it can be overwhelming. 
I’m saying all this, in hopes for those of you without it; may download it so I can update you. I do not have any social media accounts so this blog has served as such a blessing to share in our journey. 

===•===
So like I was saying I am doing my best to write daily, but between me being physically tired, and dozing off mid-sentence, I would rather be totally with it when I’m sharing. 
So today I hope to give you a glimpse of my weekend with Emerson and even my adventures outside the hospital. Winter formal with my hubby and pizza/park/ice cream with Manny and Mia. 
So sit back, make sure your not trying to skim through this, because then you will have a million questions, of which I would rather not have to repeat (unless you are just plain  confused!)

"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you."
-‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭43:2

===•===
Good afternoon of this Monday. So Emerson has just returned back from getting a lumbar puncture with chemo (three entire medications). Doing well despite having an episode of throwing up prior. 
So just to give you a run down of what has gone down this past weekend. 

Elvin and I had a date night ðŸ¥°ðŸ¥³. His job @ Harriet Tubman had their winter formal. So this mama got all dolled up, particularly my little black dress ðŸ˜‚. Us mamas know it’s important to have one to create a slimming illusion. Hubby looked good in black as well. We went, ate, danced and even got glitter on our faces. Now don’t get me wrong, I did my best to just enjoy the time with Elvin, as we haven’t had that much time alone. It was a great evening, and thankful for my mom for staying with Mac at the hospital and Nurse E. helping with feeds. Of course for my mil who took the big kids to their tia’s party with their big cousins. 

Upon returning Mac was still receiving chemo, so I managed to change and start putting our photos to mail out for Christmas. Now mind you many people don’t do this, but even more so with kids I want to make sure those far away can share in seeing them grow up.

Sunday morning began with chemo, and it would not finish until early this morning. It was a total of 7 hours during the day and 3 hours that flowed into this morning. There was a lot of vomiting and explosive ðŸ’©, all over me to be exact. This poor kid has had 6 outfit changes. I’m holding him every moment. Now in the mix of things I awaited the arrival of Manny and Mia. We had a mission, like Manny likes to say. Our plan was pizza and park, double PP! Well this would be a bit extra special  as Elvin joined us. The best part was that on our way, Manny states to his dad ‘next time you can stay daddy, momma knows where to go.’ ðŸ˜‚ The park near our local zoo is about 5 minutes away from the hospital, so off we went. They had mini zip lines and monkey bars and swings, oh my! Kids had a blast. I had a blast just watching their smiling faces. 

We returned to the hospital where Mac had been fed by the nurses, and did well.  Elvin spent the night and of course there were ðŸ¤®episodes, even after doing laundry, Mac wanted to dirty up some more clothes. At this point he has been pretty fussy, pulling at his hair and whining. There is an option to given him Ativan, but I passed on that and choose Benadryl. For those of you who may not know the medication I didn’t choose has too many side effects for adults, so I wanted to avoid that. 
He is currently on hour one of six for first infusion of chemo. Now if you recall today is daunorubicin, the tang colored chemo. Mac is doing well at this point, and for that I’m grateful. There is a tentative plan that we go hime either Wednesday/Thursday. Of course that still calls for clinic visits, with lab work. Essentially Dr. V would really love for us to be home for Christmas. I am hopeful that this will come to be, but my heart is prepared to be here. 

My sister came to visit with the boys, and I was grateful that no one has to wear sterile gowns and mask. Since it being that Christmas coming soon there is a party being thrown with Santa, characters, food and gifts for kids. I mean what blessing. So many kids being admitted or having spent most of their life in a hospital, it is a blessing to give them a sense of normalcy.
Being on this side of medicine it amazes me to know there are so many programs and just ordinary people who are willing to orchestrate things of this magnitude



Father God I am so grateful for all that you are doing in our lives. For the healing of Mac, as treatment continues. May we remember the true reason of celebrating Christmas, as we rejoice in your son, Jesus birth. Though I’m thankful for everyday you breath new life into Emerson. Amen


*Update I’d bone marrow matching: The oncologist says that because Manny and Mia are haplo-matches, he would recommend sending Emerson to St. Jude for bone marrow transplant. Based on that they would be able to do something called alpha-beta T cell depletion which could decrease the chance for graft vs host rejection. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings...

Shaken up

Happy Birth day month!