Birthday: 6 months woohoo 🥳



Happy birthday to Me! It’s my birthday y’all! I mean isn’t God good? I means just amazing? I don’t think that a month ago, when my mom got a call about that pictures of me, that I would be shouting out THANK YOU! Jesus you are so marvelous to me. I am the big 6 months, and I couldn’t be happier. Now do I get a cake or something? I mean that’s what I’ve heard. Maybe a milk popsicle or something! If I could shout I would praise Jesus all day, but what I can do is smile and laugh, so I’m sure he knows.

As of now I’ve been home for about 24 hours. I’ve managed to throw up a few times.  Not sure what that’s all about, but I do know I was basically starved for over 12 hours, and well I’ve finally been able to eat. Let’s just chalk it up to me being greedy, along with the dose of chemo. 
Did my mom tell you that they took my chest button out. Concern about infection, so now I have a little ‘pin Rose’ drain: doesn’t look like a drain at all. Oh that other new button is in my stomach. As far as I know it’s called a ‘mickey’ gastrostomy tube. Now from the conversations I’ve had with my siblings this tube has nothing to do with Mikey mouse. Few reasons for getting it placed: 
dropped from like the 50th to 10th percentile
I don’t like taking medicines
I will have to receive another round of chemo and I may end up not liking much in my mouth (effects of chemo)
Now the doctor says I should start eating some foods by mouth if I want. So far I’ve tried: bananas, sweet potato and today beans! Not bad!
I’ve thoroughly enjoyed my day, with even a little stroll in my backyard. 
Words cannot express my deepest gratitude as many of you have been walking with my family and I: 
cooking/cleaning
praying 
reaching out to to offer help
supporting us

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to  change.James 1:17
My mom says that me and my siblings are gifts. I’m grateful I have been a gift to my family. 

Farther God thank you for this day as I have been given the gift  of life. May you continue to use Mac to glorify yourself holy name Jesus. Continue to keep him strong as we proceed to battling this diagnosis. 

Comments

  1. And I am sure of this: that the One who began a good work among you will keep it growing until it is completed on the Day of Christ Jesus.

    Lyrics - The Blood Will Never Lose It's Power

    The blood that Jesus shed for me (Emerson) way back on Calvary. The blood that gives me (Emerson) strength from day to day l. It will never lose its power.

    It reaches to the highest mountain, it flows to the lowest valley. The blood that gives me (Emerson) strength from day to day. It will never lose its power.

    It soothes my doubts and calms my fears, and it dries all my tears. The blood that gives me (Emerson) strength from day to day. It will never lose its power.

    It will never lose, it will never lose, it will never lose its power.

    Hallelujah, Happy birthday!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings...

Shaken up

Make that a combo please