Extended stay @ Ocshner

Good morning. It’s pretty early in the morning and well since my mom says it’s okay I’m going to write. 
This SUCKS! I’m officially over being sick and this leukemia has got to find some other place to reside. I am fascinated at the fact that in my tiny little body it decided to come and create havoc. 
My mom and the nurses have for the past almost 24 hours tried to figure out a way to keep me hydrated. I mean after speaking with the resident doctors, very calmly, without bossing, I was started on fluids as I have VOMITED so many times. I’m pretty sure my mom ran out of fingers and toes to count on. Even worse is that feeling of wrenching. I’m for sure that many of you have had the
experience. The sensation to need to vomit, and it’s like a jerking in/out movement of your belly. I’m so over that! And then suddenly without warning here it comes, out of the mouth and the nose! Initially it was the color of big bird 🐥, currently we are at Oscar the grouch. Yes I know I’m using Sesame Street references, I’ve seen the show (my big brother and sister make me watch it at home).
To make matters worse, I spiked a fever yesterday. Well with my counts, blood count that is, being pretty much rock bottom they do a special test called ‘culturing my blood’. That means they want to make sure there is no infection brewing in my body because basically I do not have an immune system. So thus far
medicine for my nausea (makes me sleepy), the one that works well they don’t want to give me too much of (because of the diarrhea it causes, and I’m  already dehydrated)
 started on antibiotics due to the fever
 given Tylenol for my fever
my skin appears to look like I have a burn
changing outfits as if I was part of the Paris fashion show

So I know my mom was wise in staying after the lumbar puncture. She must have used her instinct. 
Though between you and me, I think it was the Holy Spirit who gave her peace. 
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭4:7‬‬
You see my mom couldn’t foretell our extended stay but she does trust God. She knows what He is doing by keeping us here. In the safety of the hospital and their medical staff. 

Jesus, thank you for my mommy. All the things she does for me. I pray that one day I will understand the sacrifice she is making, and the reflection of your sacrifice for us on the cross. Lord make the nausea and vomiting stop in your name. Bring healing over my body and restore my strength. Amen


Comments

  1. Oh sweet boy. We are sending all of our love and prayers and thoughts to you and your family. Keep getting snuggles 🥰 from your dear mama. Lord we trust in you, please give Mac some relief from all the 🤢and fever- We thank you for keeping him at the hospital where he is able to get the best treatment possible and fluids to stay hydrated. Father God we pray for some rest and continued peace- you are the prince of peace Lord and we continue to lean on that. In Jesus name, Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Continued Prayers for Healing. Love Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Psalms 25:(1) Unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul.

    2 O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.

    3 Yea, let none that wait on thee be ashamed: let them be ashamed which transgress without cause.

    4 Shew me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths.

    5 Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.

    6 Remember, O Lord, thy tender mercies and thy lovingkindnesses; for they have been ever of old.

    7 Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions: according to thy mercy remember thou me for thy goodness' sake, O Lord.

    8 Good and upright is the Lord: therefore will he teach sinners in the way.

    9 The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach his way.

    10 All the paths of the Lord are mercy and truth unto such as keep his covenant and his testimonies.

    11 For thy name's sake, O Lord, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great.

    12 What man is he that feareth the Lord? him shall he teach in the way that he shall choose.

    13 His soul shall dwell at ease; and his seed shall inherit the earth.

    14 The secret of the Lord is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant.

    15 Mine eyes are ever toward the Lord; for he shall pluck my feet out of the net.

    16 Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.

    17 The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.

    18 Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.

    19 Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.

    20 O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.

    21 Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.

    22 Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles.

    We continue going before the throne, knowing that the Lord is our Deliverer. Love you Emerson, I can wait to hold you and give a big hug. Your church "Nana".

    ReplyDelete
  4. As Emerson said,yes LORD please make the nausea and vomiting stop and keep his body infection free. Please have his blood counts to stabilize so his body can fight off infection. Heal his little body in JESUS'S name I pray. And let the CHURCH say AMEN. From Ms. Sheryl

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings...

Shaken up

God’s plan: he is full of mercy