Round 2: TKO

Today will include a play by play. Now for those of you who may not understand, well it’s going to a be a long post. So sit down and take your time to read.

Once again here we sit awaiting to be called back to a room.
"Whoever is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit than he who takes a city."
-‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭16:32‬‬
That is my hearts desire. As this is about the 6-7th time of starving my child who is solely breastfed, and this mama turns into a bear when her little guy is crying. I don’t desire to be rude to the medical staff. It’s just I feel it’s so cruel to starve the little guy. 

Courtesy of our neighbor E.V.
To catch you up, if you don’t already know: we are back at the hospital for a planned second cycle of chemo. My current feeling at the moment is ๐Ÿ˜ด. Honestly! I mean if you haven’t figured it out by now I’m pretty transparent about what’s been going on, especially with all my feelings and thought. No ๐Ÿญ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿง coating here. 
Last night was rough. Emerson has had a fever for a little over 12 hours. You know me, I have been hyper-vigilant to begin with. However, I’m more than happy to shift the weight to the medical team for guidances Dr. F was on call and I let him know what was going on. Fever as high as 103, and low as 99, you see I had called the clinic earlier with concern for the fever. He had just gotten the 2nd half of his influenza vaccine. Like clock work, similar to what happened in our last hosptialization, he got a fever following vaccine. Now they...we physicians always state the risk and complications. One of those is FEVER๐Ÿค’, and it would make sense that Mac would be affected. Remember when he has fevers he is on ๐Ÿ”ฅ, and I literally have to cool him down with a cold rag and of course acetaminophen (have to say the whole thing, as my hubby needs clarification). To top it off this little guy ๐Ÿคฎ all over himself and me. I mean it’s the worst! But he finally falls asleep. I am told by the team to give medicine, and if anything changes to give them a call back. Sleeping on ๐Ÿ›‹.

This morning we are off to a decent start. I mean I’ve been awake since 2:30, because I’m literally carrying an little burning jack-Jack (Incredibles the movie reference).
Are there like something to prop your eyeballs open, because that would be great. We were told to be here by 7:30, and Ayeya is lovingly strolling with Mac, so no crying yet. I was told to feed him last @ 3:30....well let’s just say ๐Ÿคพ๐Ÿฝ‍♀️NOPE! I fed him about and hour ago, so he is slightly full. 
==============
Despite having a low grade temperature Dr.R, after speaking with Dr.V, moved forward with the procedure. This particular line is called a Hickman. Which will be great especially when Mac has to undergo bone marrow transplant.
Dr. V has notified me that both Manny and Mia are haplo-matches, which means 50% match. That is a blessing, obviously a full match would have been great, but the fact that one of the kids will be able to be part of his recovery is such a blessing.

We are currently in recovery. I must say that today went much better than earlier this week. He was taken back about 9:30, and finished about 11. Glad I fed him too, he was a lot less fussy. Plan is to hang out here for a while as there are no rooms yet, as other kids are being discharged home. 
==============
Did I forget to mention that Manny was tasked to build a boxcar ๐Ÿš‚for the polar express? They got to participate in a Christmas parade with them today as well. Though this mama wished she could have been in 2 places at once his aunt, Titi, took some video. Though I’m bias, because he is my kid and my hubby helped create the masterpiece, his boxcar was the BEST!
=========



We are in a room, after being in recovery. First day of cycle 2 has begun. Once again Mac is fappy (fussy+happy). 
Father God thank you for today, the swiftness of it all. Lord watch over Emerson this evening. Grant mercy over his mama as she takes care of him. Amen


Comments

  1. It's okay you have your moments, in those moments God is still faithful.

    Deuteronomy 7: (9) From this you can know that Adonai your God is indeed God, the faithful God, who keeps his covenant and extends grace to those who love him and observe his commandment, to a thousand generations.

    Psalm 77: (1) I cry aloud to God,
    aloud to God; and he hears me. (2) On the day of my distress I am seeking Adonai;
    my hands are lifted up; my tears flow all night without ceasing; my heart refuses comfort.
    (3) When remembering God, I moan;
    when I ponder, my spirit fails. (Selah) (4) You hold my eyelids [and keep me from sleeping];
    I am too troubled to speak.



    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings...

Shaken up

Extended stay @ Ocshner