From the desk of: Emerson




Good evening  everyone. Today is a new day of me kicking this leukemia’s butt. My mom is allowing me to write to you today and I’m so excited. Primarily because I’m feeling well, which may not be for much longer. I have managed to not have any fever or be on any sort of precautions. Let me tell you those yellow gowns and mask, I did not like. We still remain in a normal room, I’m waiting to see if we will be moved to the executive suite. It’s okay if I don’t because that means I should be home for Christmas. 
Now word on the street is that there is a gentleman named Santa Clause, who you can ask for anything and he will bring it to you. Don’t you think it’s a bit silly that a random man would travel all over the world, basically sneaking into your home and leaving presents? Don’t forget eating a snack that you often had to labor over, those cookies. 
Well let me let you in on the true story of Saint Nicholas.

Now I share this with your because I know the real reason for the seasons. It’s all about Jesus. Now I don’t want to get a historical, but from what I can understand his birthday is on the 25th of December. They say that He was born in a manger after his mother, Mary, and earthly father Joseph, had no other place to stay. He was even visited by 3 Maji, who brought him gifts: Frankincense, Gold and Myrrh. Now there’s aren’t ordinary gifts, but those fit for a king. Now I say all this because Jesus is the only being who, not only for Christmas but year round has access to each of one of our homes, through our hearts. 
So as I await my first Christmas, sure there may be presents under the tree, but more importantly are you willing to receive Him as the present to your salvation.

Thank you Father for showing me the truth behind this celebration. May others come to learn of you and grow in faith. Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings...

Shaken up

Make that a combo please