Good news or bad news: which one do you want 1st



We are home, finally. After about a seven hour day at the hospital we return to our humble abode. The temperature has drops about 15 degrees. Mac is all snug, in about 3 long sleeve onsies and a sweet hat that a very dear friend made back before Emmanuel was born. 
As we pulled up the phone rang. I will admit that I’m often ignoring calls, that could be YOU, but when I don’t know the number I tend to be more adamant on answering them.  Mostly in part to hospital and clinic visits, I don’t want to miss anything. 
Well as I thought Dr.V (oncologist), calls to go over the image.
Now my mind flashes back to November 7th, after Emerson’s first MRI, getting the call, as we were waiting at Waffle House to eat (with my mom and mil).
I can recall almost out of body experience, where ‘I have some bad news’ was heard. 
Well here we go:
good news: bone marrow biopsy shows no abnormal cells
bad news: imaging of brain shows continues CNS disease

"Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep."
Romans‬ ‭12:15‬‬

This mama is elated yet filled with sadness😢. The brain, where all things start to process and allow for learned things is being affected by this darn leukemia. The thought is that there is a bi-variant to the leukemia Mac has. That means there may be both ALL and AML. So next step? 
Tomorrow we see Dr. V, and plan on getting another round of chemo I’m his spine. This time though the big guns: Cytarabine, Methotrexate and Hydrocortisone.

Father God I do not care for the bad news I received today. So though I may weep, I desire to rejoice. I know that you have a purpose for Mac. Lord open my eyes and use me as his mother to glorify you during this time of illness. 

P. s. I know as this time of year calls for lots of spending on our families, friends, and various charitable options. Just know that any way you may be able to donate to help with Mac’s medical bills would be a blessing. This is just the beginning and we have a long road, so we are so appreciated for all that you have to offer. 
Love The Calderon’s 

Comments

  1. Psalms 69: (1) Save me, God!
    For the water threatens my life.
     (2) I am sinking down in the mud,
    and there is no foothold;
    I have come into deep water;
    the flood is sweeping over me.
    (3) I am exhausted from crying,
    my throat is dry and sore,
    my eyes are worn out
    with looking for my God.

    Isaiah 40: (29) He invigorates the exhausted,
    he gives strength to the powerless.
    (30 ) Young men may grow tired and weary,
    even the fittest may stumble and fall;
    (31) but those who hope in Adonai will renew their strength, they will soar aloft as with eagles’ wings; when they are running they won’t grow weary, when they are walking they won’t get tired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lyrics - The Center of My Joy

    Jesus, you're the center of my joy. All that's good and perfect comes from you. You're the heart of my contentment, hope for all I do. Jesus, you're the center of my joy.

    When I've lost my direction, you're the compass for my way. You're the fire and light when nights are long and cold. In sadness, you are the laughtet, that shatters all my fears. When I'm all alone, your hand is there to hold, ohhh.

    You are why I find pleasure on the simple things in life. You're the music in the meadows and the streams. The voice of the children, my family, and my home. You're the source and finish of my highest dreams.

    Jesus, You are the center of my joy. Jesus, You are the center of my joy, joy, joy, of my joy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings...

Shaken up

Make that a combo please