Make that a combo please


🥶That is how we are feeling down here in New Orleans. I mean it went from like low 70s to upper 40s. We are not use to this sort of weather. The kids are all bundled up, and I can’t seem to put on enough layers in order to keep warm.
Emerson, Ayeya and I are at clinic today. Mac has already had his blood drawn, and we are waiting to get our numbing patch placed. It will hopefully help decrease the pain of the lumbar puncture. Our hope is to get more than 1ml so that some can be sent for flow cytometry again. The thought is that Mac may have a bi-phenotype of leukemia, which means there is a combination rather than one focal type. This also means additional medication may be warranted to get rid of the bad cells. 
We are currently waiting for the chemo medications to arrive in order to place the numbing patch. Poor guys, will once again be scrunched like an accordion. There are moments that I am grateful he is still so small that he won’t remember all of this:
 ✔️poking
✔️squeezing
✔️high fevers
✔️vomiting
✔️discomfort/pain
✔️hunger cry’s prior to procedures
I do hope he remembers all the love and affection we gave to him. The nights when there was not much rest, yet someone held him in their arms. Despite my disdain for this entire situation I can’t imagine if this was occurring to one of my older two. I mean they both are capable of expressing themselves and they would know exactly what’s going on. 

Outside of having to be held down by 2 fully grown adults, he handled the LP like a champ. Again three different medications were given today. I can only pray his numbers, which had recovered from 1st cycle, won’t hit rock bottom too quickly. Of course we have to watch for any changes: discomfort (headache), vomiting, fever

Of course upon returning home, Mac slept very well. He is fuppy (fussy +happy), but eating well. I actually got the Manny and Mia to sit still and paint, after pere-pere dropped them off. This mama managed to shower the two older kids, put them to bed while daddy rocked and serenaded Mac. Which brings up a funny point that my kids have all been sung too since birth, not by me of course. Between my mother, husband and mil they have done quite a job of spoiling them. Primarily the songs are in Haitian kreyol or Spanish. 


Tomorrow we get to relax a bit and make sure we are packed for the next week or so. 
Father God, so grateful that Emerson did well despite all the additional medications that had to be given. May you continue to watch over the medical team who is caring for him. Continue to give strength to my family as we prepare for his second cycle of chemo. In your precious son Jesus name Amen

Comments

  1. Alvin and Elizabeth, I may need a translator with words of the song, but the music have me doing the cha-cha-cha. (Lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lamentations 3: (21) But in my mind I keep returning to something, something that gives me hope. (22) That the grace of Adonai is not exhausted, that his compassion has not ended.
    (23)  [On the contrary,] they are new every morning! How great your faithfulness!
    (24) “Adonai is all I have,” I say;
    “therefore I will put my hope in him.
    (25) Adonai is good to those waiting for him,
    to those who are seeking him out.
    (26) It is good to wait patiently for the saving help of Adonai.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is from Sister Ann.

    Watch "Wess Morgan - I Choose To Worship.mp4" on YouTube
    https://youtu.be/kWe6A91dwTg

    She want you too listen and be bless by the song.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings...

Shaken up