Home sweet hime

t has been officially 24 hours back at home. It is a bit surreal to me, to be honest. I had been so elated hearing that Mac was doing so well enough and numbers were stable that we would be able to go home. I must admit, as it got darker outside and we awaited pharmacy to drop off our meds, I thought to myself we may end up here another night, but we had already packed up the car so that wasn’t an option.
The older two, Manny and Mia were asleep, or so I thought once we arrived. My husband and his good friend J.M. had taken kids to one of those trampoline parks, so they were exhausted. They were elated to see their baby brother, of course not having to wear a mask was a bonus. 

As we settled in, and pajamas put on, the grinch that stole Christmas played. It was as if nothing had changed, my entire crew together all snuggled up together.  My mother-in-law managed to get Mac down and into the crib. That left me and the kids curled up in my bed. 
It was such a wonderful feeling. Feet and hands all over the place. 
Of course we were up around 2 am, but fell right back to sleep after a good feed. 
Early this morning mama Rosa took the kids out. McDonald’s! That apparently its there thing to do, that was followed by  headed to the beach. That is also their thing. I mean I must admit with Elvin working it’s been an absolute blessing knowing the kids have been in good hands. I mean she has kept them busier than amy schedule that I could ever keep. I mean I think they missed Emerson for sure, me not so much. I mean they were good just FaceTiming me ðŸ˜‚.
Today has been pretty smooth, as Mac has been fairly happy and not to fussy. I was able to watch him play and tug at his socks. He took his morning medications well, without a fight, thank goodness. No fevers! I must say that worried me a bit
Overall day 1 back at home was a success! All glory and honor and praise to be given to God! As despite his AML diagnosis, following  first round of chemotherapy with a three week hospital stay our baby boy is doing well and regaining his strength. 

O Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord; Let us shout joyfully to the rock of our salvation. Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise! For the Lord is a great God, and a great King above all gods.”  Psalm 95:1-3

Father God, may you renew in me a more grateful heart. So that I cannot have room for negativity in times of thankfulness. That I may focus on your blessings and not things that I have no control over. Amen




Comments

  1. Amen for a good day at home. ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 Corinthians 4:(16) This is why we do not lose courage. Though our outer self is heading for decay, our inner self is being renewed daily. (17) For our light and transient troubles are achieving for us an everlasting glory whose weight is beyond description. (18) We concentrate not on what is seen but on what is not seen, since things seen are temporary, but things not seen are eternal.

    Lyrics - Grateful

    I am grateful for the things that You have done. Yes, I'm grateful for the victories we've won. I could go on and on and on about Your works. Because I'm grateful, grateful, so grateful, just to praise you Lord.

    Flowing from my heart are the issues of my heart it's gratefulness.

    Grateful, grateful, grateful, grateful.
    Gratefulness, it's flowing from my heart. It's gratefulness.

    Yes Lord, all that the Caldron Family needed your hand had provide.

    Hallelujah!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings...

Shaken up

Happy Birth day month!