Healing for Christmas



Good evening everyone. I hope you all enjoyed the meaning of Christmas from Emerson. He is such a smart kid for his realization. 
Now I must say hallelujah as yesterday was day 6 of our cycle. That means today after Mac’s lumbar puncture with chemo, there is a possibility of us going home.
Now set back from yesterday was that Emerson needed blood transfusion, which he received early yesterday morning. Now remember that not of the medicine he is getting is just given like an injection. Most of the medications run between 3-6 hours. That means his last chemo of yesterday ran into the early morning of today, followed by that blood transfusion. 
Yesterday had been a bit rough to start. Emerson has vomited twice, one including nothing but bile (it’s the yucky stuff in your gut helping to break down food). On top of that he has a rash that almost looks like whelps. Otherwise he is one happy little guy.
I’m trying myself to stay hydrated as I have had an upset stomach myself, and hope I’m not giving what I got to Mac. I think for the first time in about 6 months I have slept the most ever. That’s saying something as I’ve been functioning best I could. 
As it’s been a few days since I’ve posted, we have come to our last day of chemo. How excited! 

He got the last dosages vía his Hickman line, and today he received the LP with medication just now. The kicker is that since yesterday he has been 🤮, along with the wicked rash (most likely due to chemo).
I have pushed to stay overnight.
The reality is yes I’m a doctor, but I’m also so much more: mom, wife, sister, friend. It’s hard when your little one is sick and you
feel so helpless. I must admit the pouring of love and affection from loved ones is just overflowing. The financial provisions we have been given are without question a much lifted burden.


Father God as we come upon Christmas and celebrate the birthday of Jesus, I am grateful for Emerson and all that you have brought him through. I know that you see my pain when Mac is not well, may you remove all pain and any side effects. May you show strength to his body so that we may be home with family for Christmas. If this is not possible that is okay, because you will have us tight where you need us to be. May you continue to give wisdom to the medical staff. In Jesus name Amen

Comments

  1. Amen, and Praise GOD for the completion of the second round of chemo. Praying for a clear L.P. Ms. Sheryl

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings...

Shaken up

Make that a combo please