Step back (part 2): need rest



Good evening everyone. Praying that you all have had a good day @ work, school, or home. It’s a beautiful cold day. Although I haven’t been outside I can tell it’s colder as our room feels colder in our room. 
Which with the news I’m going to share is just fine: Emerson has been running fevers, and remember when that happens he is onπŸ”₯. So a cool room helps, even if it means I look like I’m living in Alaska.

Changes for today
discontinued the nausea medication, zofran (ondansetron)
  *as it has been shown to affect liver numbers 
 *started on medication called Reglan (metoclopramide) for nausea
 discontinued the TPN
 *#1 side effect is elevated liver enzymes


rundown of the actual numbers 

ALT: 426–643–921–1350–*1521 
AST:191–350–431–574–507 (down)
Alkaline phosphates seems:362–459–430–332–268 (down)
Total bilirubin: 1.1–1.5–1.6–1.2–2.3(up)
  *as I’m with Mac all day I think I can see some yellowing of the white of his eyes (I will get the doctors to look in the morning)

Platelets dropped to 17 (transfusion done in the middle of the day)
*this was a bit concerning as you recall all the mucosal tissue from his mouth to bottom is just raw. This morning I noticed a bit of excess bleeding. The thought was give platelets that should help with the clotting (stopping the bleeding). The transfusion did do just that. However he started bleeding again, and when he opened his mouth as he cried it looked like a tooth had been extracted. Poor guy...

Spiking fevers, despite being on two antibiotics
   *so changing to a single combo antibiotic

Now I write all this from my own room. The medical team taking care of Emerson felt it would be a good thing to get me a room to sleep. Now you may say ‘oh how nice’, but can you say ‘God is good’! There is an actual hotel connected to this particular hospital site. As they have  had long history of having international patients. So I’m in a hotel room, wide eye and bushy tail. 
So...

Let me just pray
Father God, I know you tell us not to worry, that every step has been planned, and that you desire we trust in you. I am praying for peace to fall upon this room, so that I may rest. I know no one is asking for me to be chronically fatigue, but some rest does not make me less of a mama for Mac. May you give strength to my mother and our Nurse C, who will be tending to Emerson tonight. Break the fevers and allow the medicine to work. May Mac continue to do well on his feeding. In Jesus name amen 
Let him sleep like that
p.s. reality is that this little guy needs to rest, and though I don’t desire him to be programmed to sleep with medication. Mac’s body has dealt with so much that I see the need for him to rest, so that he is not throwing up or uncomfortable, all connected to wires and what not. Through it all he is my champion rock star. I think this room was gifted in a way to remind me of the following:
"Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!"
Psalms‬ ‭46:10‬‬

I get it...go to sleep

Comments

  1. Praying for rest Elizabeth- for both you and sweet Emerson. πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hebrews 4: (3) For it is we who have trusted who enter the rest. It is just as he said,“And in my anger, I swore that they would not enter my rest. He swore this even though his works have been in existence since the founding of the universe. (4) For there is a place where it is said, concerning the seventh day, “And God rested on the seventh day from all his works.
    (5) And once more, our present text says,
    “They will not enter my rest.

    (6) Therefore, since it still remains for some to enter it, and those who received the Good News earlier did not enter, (7) he again fixes a certain day, “Today,” saying through David, so long afterwards, in the text already given,
    “Today, if you hear God’s voice, don’t harden your hearts. 0px;">[d]

    (8) For if Y’hoshua had given them rest, God would not have spoken later of another “day.”

    (9) So there remains a Shabbat-keeping for God’s people. (10) For the one who has entered God’s rest has also rested from his own works, as God did from his. (11) Therefore, let us do our best to enter that rest; so that no one will fall short because of the same kind of disobedience.

    Lord cause rest, peace, surrender to come upon Elizabeth to sleep and enjoy the comfort for her soul. So when she arise from her rest that only You give she can continue on this journey of faitth. Also Emerson Lord you comfort him, with that still voice of Your love for him. In Jesus name, amen.


    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings...

Shaken up

Make that a combo please