Step back...to step forward


Good evening everyone. So today mama bear had a mission. LEAVE THE HOSPITAL. My eldest had a follow up with the pulmonologist. We have been dealing with a cough, that is far worse on exertion. Now how do you tell a 4 year old boy to not play or run around? 🧐 
This meant leaving Emerson behind with his ayeya. Now you would think I could just leave with worrying and having million questions. I think I managed well not messaging her. It was quite pleasant with Manny. I forget to enjoy them 1:1. Despite me reminding parents of multiples that they need to have separate moments with each of their kids, thus current season has thrown me for a loop. 
After Manny appt, we went to Whole Foods where he chose some fruit and yogurt. I then headed back to drop him off for his young Rembrandt art class. He learned about circles, patterns and overlapping. 
Then it was off to my parents, as my dad, pere-pere, picked up Mia. Of which I thought was funny, because she enjoys when she gets picked up by him. It’s like a small adventure, plush he knows now to bring something for her to eat. The kids rode their bikes, and surprisingly Mia attempted to use her own little 2 feet to push the peddles. This was followed by a quick shower then back home.
Managed to sit down with my hubby and the kids, eat, and this was followed by 15 minutes of Aladdin, teeth brushed and off to bed. I think because Manny didn’t take a nap, he crashed right next to me. While Mia allowed me to play and joke with her. I just love her little laugh, it’s almost like a squeal!😆
What a day!
I mean I almost wish I could be split into many me’s. Like in the movie: Multiplicity (Michael Keaton, attempting to lighten the load as a dad/husband and employee). Problem is by like the third split, your person is not that helpful 😳

Upon my return, the complete picture for Emerson has surfaced. 

ALT: 426–643–921–*1350
AST:191–350–431–574
Alkaline phosphates seems:362–459–430–332
Total bilirubin: 1.1–1.5–1.6–1.2
GGT-elevated
  
Again if you read my post from 1/5/19 you will see that there are many reasons for the liver enzymes to elevate
medications: chemo
total parenteral nutritions: which he was getting through the semi permanent line 
  *one of the major side effects is liver enzyme elevation
  STOP! They actually discontinued today, thank you Jesus. 

The discussion was had to continue with bolus feeds (place approximately 20ml/cc via a large syringe and basically dump it straight into the g-tube). This amount was increased during the day. Tonight we will do the feeds via a pump, it’s like getting fluids but it’s my milk connected via a tubing and bag to Mac. 
Might I remind you that with all these changes, Emerson continues to have vomit episodes. The last few days it was primarily mucous filled, however with this transition to feeding more it’s more liquid. I didn’t study blood disorders or cancer extensively. However I discussed with Dr.V, Mac’s oncologist, that I think by getting his stomach back working again, it may help with the elevated numbers and may settle the episodes of vomit.
To make matters worse, he managed to spike a fever. Now this comes almost 24 hours after the intrathecal chemo, and discontinuation of the antibiotics. Emerson has had no breaks.
Currently he is receiving a blood transfusion. 

Father God, I know that you don’t desire to give us more than we can bare. You say in Luke 12:25 “And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?" We are many hours into Emerson battle, and I know that you have not forsaken him. I desire that you pour our rest and restoration into/on to his body. Amen

Comments

  1. John 4: (46) He went again to Cana in the Galil, where he had turned the water into wine. An officer in the royal service was there; his son was ill in Capernaum. (47) This man, on hearing that Yeshua had come from Y’hudah to the Galil, went and asked him to come down and heal his son, for he was at the point of death. (48) Yeshua answered, “Unless you people see signs and miracles, you simply will not trust!” (49) The officer said to him, “Sir, come down before my child dies.” (50) Yeshua replied, “You may go, your son is alive.” The man believed what Yeshua said and left. (51) As he was going down, his servants met him with the news that his son was alive (52) So he asked them at what time he had gotten better; and they said, “The fever left him yesterday at one o’clock in the afternoon.” (53) The father knew that that was the very hour when Yeshua had told him, “Your son is alive”; and he and all his household trusted. (54) This was a second sign that Yeshua did; he did it after he had come from Y’hudah into the Galil.

    V46 - His Presence, Nobleman son sick - Problem

    V47 - Nobleman heard, drawn to Jesus, his request to heal his son. But the nobleman had a more deeper issue.

    V48 - Jesus say too him, you want believe unless you see a sign.

    V49 - But the nobleman said come down to heal my son. The nobleman heart was you the only one can heal. James 1: (6) But let him ask in trust, doubting nothing; for the doubter is like a wave in the sea being tossed and driven by the wind. 

    V50 - The Word (Jesus) say "You may go, your son is alive. The nobleman believed what Jesus said. - Power - Hallelujah

    V51 - The nobleman going home, was met by his servant with the news that his son is alive.

    V52 - What time did the fever left him yesterday at one o'click.

    V53 - The father knew that was the hour when Jesus told him. - Promise. The nobleman and his hold household believe.

    Father we believe you this hour that Emerson fever is gone. You are causing all things to work together according to Your will. Romans 8: 28-29. Philippians 1:6, Philippians 2: 13. Thank You, Our Redeemer.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings...

Shaken up

Make that a combo please