Home sweet home


Good evening everyone. It has been a full 24 hours since Mac and I have been home. Truth be told, we had an absolute amazing and safe first night. 
My mother has spent the previous night with us, as Elvin who has been having a runny nose stayed back with our eldest. 
  *its ironic as I say ‘eldest’ as one day they truly will be
So as we geared up to pack up all of our items from our humble abode, I had warned, that any longer in our current state, we would purchase a welcome mat and possibly bring a ring doorbell from home (so we could at least be warned at whom ever entered) ðŸ¤—
So laundry was being done and bags being packed. Now you may think what in the world could you possibly have brought in. I mean when you know you’re going to be in a hospital for some time you try to bring things that remind you of home. Like blankets, or a picture of Mac with his siblings. My mother went in search of a dolly to load everything (2 trips this woman had to make).
Your going home’! Words I thought would be a long way from now. But reality was that his numbers had improved and they desired for him to continue recovering at home.
I would like to say that I thought there was going to be so much more stress.
 avoiding germs from our loved ones
weaning my son off of methadone
 *something I avoid to do in clinical practice with my own personal patients
finding a way to remember to give all medications
*carezone (has an owl as a picture: you scan your prescription and it literally uploads all the details)
setting up his TPN
 *includes: mixing additives, setting the pump up
having some peace not connected to everything
*my amazing friend C.P. allowed me to utilize her owlet (home monitor for heart rate and oxygenation)

Despite all these things, God granted me such peace. As we arrived hime, the kids were asleep. So I was eager to keep quiet, until they woke up. I think I was just as excited to see them. Although I’m sure if they could have knocked me over to get to Emerson they would have. 
My sister helped with the TPN, I was able to give medications and Mac continued taking bottles like a champ.

This morning was just like old days. Kids making a loud entrance as they rush downstairs. Emerson is passed between his brother and sister, as daddy makes pancakes, and the coffee percolates on low.
Plan for today is a birthday party for a little guy in Emelia’s class. Despite the rain, which is typical for us down here, the party was at an indoor facility. 
So I got ready and prepared Mac to be with Ayeya. It’s always hard to leave him, but sometimes you have to listen to others and just go. I had a wonderful time just watching the kids run around and then fill them selves with carbs followed by lots of sugar. 
Us being home is nothing short but a miracle. I knew going in for the second round that it would be worse. Emerson would feel worse, and his appearance would change, along with his sweet smile (at least for a little while). I mean from the need to be on narcotics, mucositis, bleeding, multiple transfusions
LIST GOES ON!
With that said

Father in Heaven, thank you does not seem grand enough. But I do know that my acknowledgment that although there were a lot of man made changes being made from the medical team, your plan for Emerson has been made even before diagnosis of leukemia. I pray as we continue to fight this battle, that we may rest in knowing that through your son Jesus, death was defeated. If it be your will, this cancer will be too. In Jesus precious name, amen


Comments

  1. Sweet sweet boy, we are so happy for you to be home with your family! We will continue to pray for your health and recovery. Love the Perret's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible God - lyrics

    I've had some problems, some great and some small. You being God delivered me from them all. Still can't believe all the ways you've made. An incredible God deserves incredible praise.

    What kind of God would do this for me? Victory, grace and mercy, He is so special, simply incredible.

    An incredible God deserves incredible praise.
    An incredible God deserves incredible praise.

    Oh, oh, oh, Oh, oh, oh
    Praise, incredible, Praise, incredible
    Praise, He deserves.
    Incredible - Praise, Incredible - Praise

    Hallelujah, Lord, we love You.
    Lord, we bless You
    He's incredible, He's incredible

    He's a healer, He's a keeper - Lord, we love you. An incredible God deserves incredible praise. An incredible God deserves incredible praise.

    We bless your name, thank you for being our Redeemer.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings...

Shaken up

Make that a combo please