Medical mysteries of Mac daddy

Good morning,
So today was no ordinary day. If you were to check out Emerson's medical page you would see that the past 4 months have not been exactly ordinary. Today we followed up with his ophthalmologist, as there has been growing, literally, concern for the swelling to his eye. After our ER visit last week, followed by multiple ultrasounds, which are inconclusive, there is some thought that the eye and groin are potentially correlating with one another. Dr.E states he would like to be frank with me...which I must say he has been since day one. It has been an absolute delight to have him along with his Nurse J, to serve my little guy. He throws out the CANCER word. WHAAAT?
Can I be honest with you all, unfortunately that had been part of my differential diagnosis (list of possible medical diagnosis) right after he was born. Now the pelvic region issue, sort of threw me for a loop to be honest. I mean at this point he has had some genetic testing, but primarily to look into his visual issues. My heart sank. I cannot tell you how many times I have had to give initial diagnosis to patients and here I sat in the mother of the patient's chair and I had no idea how to respond. I just nodded, yet my heart cried out 'Lord...why?' Now from the beginning I have always felt that Emerson was created for a purpose to bring glory to God, and here God was showing me that yes He was going to use this little boy of mine.
So off  Dr. E set off with a plan to contact some of his known colleagues to get the ball rolling. Now I would like to believe that if my son had been someone else's and the need to determine and diagnose was of great importance that the swiftness of getting these appointments would be handles. The realty I know its easier said than done. With verification of insurance and getting approvals goes, sometimes we providers are left holding our breath waiting for an availability. With all that said, the knowledge that this little guys mother is a doctor definitely pushed some things along.

So what you see below are some of his labs that have been taken (first in July, the last two in this month of October approximately 1 week apart)


WBC: 8.70→4.86→4.15
Platelets: 370→199→139
Hg/Hct: 46.9/16.8→35/12→34.7/11.7
ANC: 0→0.1→0.2


So as of now our plan...well God's plan is as follows
Monday 11/4/19
 Hematology/Oncology (blood/cancer doctor)
Surgery clinic
Thursday 11/7/19
MRI: head, pelvis, along with biopsy (groin mass) possible bone marrow biopsy

Prayer for Emerson:
  Father God, I know that you have a special place for children, for in your word it says:
Jesus said,"Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them. for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." Matthew 19:14
May you watch over his parents and give them strength during this time, allowing them to just be in awe of your power. May those those who do not know of you see of your saving grace and mercy through Emerson. Amen

Comments

  1. Thanks for the new post, Elizabeth. Your children are adorable. Be assured of our continual prayer. I'm sending your new post to the family. Aunt Clarice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Estamos aqui para ustedes. Dios nos acompaƱa SIEMPRE aun cuando sentimos que no esta. You are all in our PRAYERS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessings and Faith will keep the baby and your family going praying for y'all. Be Blessed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings...

Shaken up

Happy Birth day month!