A mother’s love



Day 2 done
Yesterday I spoke a little about being Mac’s advocate. 
* a person who publicly supports or recommends a particular cause or policy.
Now many of you understand that a 5 month old cannot speak. Now don’t get me wrong does he make noises, absolutely. He unfortunately can not tell me or the medical staff what is going on, with any of his symptoms. So today I stood my ground, and did my best to advocate. Presenting my case first as Emerson’s mother, with consideration to the medical ramifications.  So it was only going to be a matter of time until we knew if the adjustments would help. 

  Good news...well in this short time sure. If you look at yesterday’s post I wrote and linked in something called tumor lysis. Well it’s occurring, as the chemo is doing it’s work the cancer cells are dying and pouring out their contents. By God’s grace only his LDH is pretty high while many of his other electrolytes and kidney function are great. I say good news in that Dr. V is happy with his slight “puffiness” from all the fluids, for there helping. Let’s be frank here, Emerson has straight up cankles ☺️
   Today was a lot of sleeping. Go figure because some of the medication he is getting makes him drowsy. But if your know Mac well enough he is a bit bougie when you hold him. 
*From the French ‘bourgeoisie’ : exhibiting qualities attributed to the middle class, especially pretentiousness or conventionality.
Actually all my kids are a bit bougie when it comes to how you hold them. So that may mean you sitting in an odd position, your arm going numb from the weight of his head or rocking so much that even when he is not in your arms your body just tends to move side to side. 





  But that 2nd chemo drug: Cytarabine well it surely is just pure evil. Though I would have to say that about all chemo drugs, as now I’m living with my child dealing with leukemia. My mother in law is attempting to sooth him to the best of her ability. As my mother did the same this morning. 
You know as many of you read this, some of you mothers may have a better understanding. I can see the hurt and pain in the eyes of these ladies, the firm yet gentleness of their arms as they cradle their grandchild. The desire they have for him not to be in pain, and their hearts longing that their children do not hurt.




Quietly they may meditate on:
"The Lord will sustain him on his sickbed; You will heal him on the bed where he lies."
-‭‭Psalms‬ ‭41:3‬‬

Father God you give us mothers such a responsibility to our children. Grant us strength during this time, knowing that before we knew of our children being knitted in our wombs, you knew of them and you loved them far beyond what we could imagine. Amen
Buenas noches/Bon nuit
*check out my new page: Mac’s months at a glance





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings...

Shaken up

Extended stay @ Ocshner