Gracias/Merci/Thank you: disconnected




Good morning everyone. Today is Thanksgiving, and since I have so many things to be thankful for I will be writing today, as mom does all the spell checks.
I want to first give you an update and then let you know all about being thankful. So yesterday my lumbar puncture was performed, without me having to be put to sleep. We are still awaiting to find out those results, as if they are negative, I will not have to get another until my next cycle of chemo. Which if I understand correctly will follow after some  repeat testing that will happen in the next week.
I really wasn’t a happy camper yesterday. I mean mom and I didn’t sleep that great the night before. Despite me not having any fevers which is AMAZING! I did have a lot of 💩, which has left my bum a bit sensitive. 
I had some visitors come to see me, including my great-aunt (tante Dany) all the way from Miami. Oh and did I mention that my other great-aunt(tia Juana), made tamales earlier this week. I tried my first one...well not literally but via milk. I kept hearing about all the good food we were going to have today. Get this, the wonderful child life (group here that makes sure us kids and families are taken care of), had an early thanksgiving dinner for us, yesterday, and it was delicious. Today I found out  that my pere-pere is going to serve the homeless in my name.

My 🦃 thankful list
God breathed life into my lungs for another day
mom and I slept last night
no fevers
still holding strong at 6.9kg
disconnected from the fluid IV line (still have to get my medicines, but I’m free to roam)

Most blessed part is
my numbers are improving( white blood cells and their family members) 
  *this means that the chemo did its job of killing cancer cells so that my good cells improves
That ultimately means I may go home, at least for a few days. 
✅for all the people who are giving to help my family financially, you still can

My family is brining dinner to us today at the hospital. I mean my mom says she called dibs on an open area, near our floor. I hope my family understands though that I may not be able to see them all. You know when you have chemo and have also had a viral upper respiratory infection it’s important to keep germs away. You actually have to wear a gown, gloves and makes to come into my room. I call them “yellow people”, sort of looks like a bunch of big birds from Sesame Street 🐥. It’s all to protect me from getting germs that you may carry on yourself or be in contact with. 
I will say that I’m excited to see my big brother and sister today. I hope they give me kisses on my feet, I love those! 
Today marks 3 whole weeks that I’ve been diagnosed with AML and started on treatment. God has brought me through that, and I know He has so much more to do with my life. What are you thankful for? I know it’s really easy to list the ‘stuff’, the things we can touch. But look past those things, and determine what it is that your thankful for.

Father God, we give you thanks thus day. I know that it is easier to complain than to stop and think of all that you do for us. May we not only use this day, but every day to praise you and give thanks. Giving you all the glory, honor and praise thus day. Amen

Comments

  1. Happy Thanksgiving sweet Emerson and family! Praising God for a better day and good test results. Trusting in Him for continued rest, peace, and healing. ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1 Thessalonians 5: (16) Always be joyful. (17) Pray regularly. (18) In everything give thanks, for this is what God wants from you who are united with Christ Jesus.

    Lyrics - Give Thanks

    Give thanks with a grateful heart. Give thanks to the Holy One. Give thanks because He's given Jesus Christ, His Son.

    And now let the weak say. "I am strong". Let the poor say, I am rich. Because of what the Lord has done for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving Emerson and family From Miss Sheryl

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings...

Shaken up

Happy Birth day month!