Abnormal

Today started off early, with the three ladies of the house: my mother, mother in law and myself. Large coffees in tow, as we prepared for the unknown. We were scheduled for 7am, to arrive for 6:30, with a last feed @3:30.
Little back story, so since Mac had those high fevers, he has been vomiting. I mean this is the guy who is such a good eater but he spits up my milk every time. I finally decided to try some gas drops which has seemed to help, but as you will read further down there may be more to this vomiting issue. But in true form, in defiance of the knowledge of going to have to starve prior to the procedure he vomits all over his pajamas. So it’s time for a bath at 3 am, thank God for his size that he still fits!


As we traverse the long corridor at the hospital, turning the final corner at the end we arrive. To an empty waiting room and no staff present. As they begin to trickle in we are called back. Questions are asked and anesthesia arrives. Papers are signed and he is whisked away into strangers arms, but I know that God’s presence is in this placed. Close to three hours later the imaging is complete and I can see my little nugget. Mac is screaming and I just follow is voice to provide what I’m best for 🐄. Now I’m careful not to let him drink too fast. We wait for vitals to be rechecked and we are soon discharged.

Yah! Food! We are all hungry to be honest and as we sat and ordered I smiled as I looked upon Mac’s little face. As I pulled my phone out and noted I missed a call I called the oncologist right back. After a few tries I got through and the next conversation would forever change our lives.
ABNORMAL....how many times have I said those words, and now I stand in the walkway of the diner speechless and shaking. The only thing I can do is fall into the arms of my mother.


MRI brain: multi focal modular enhancing foci; ill defined linear nodular leptomeningeal enhancements; abnormal enhancement of optic nerves
  * neoplastic involvement and possible intracranial leukemia dissemination
MRI of pelvis: groin mass, most likely lymphoma

Plan: bone marrow biopsy, frozen core biopsy of groin mass (with removal of much of it)
  Determine if growing is malignant if so a port will be placed

Father God only you know what Emerson purpose is. Yet we know that the love you have for your children is so deep. I pray for wisdom for the doctors and staff taking care of him, and that if it is tour will that the masses will be benign and something that will resolve by other means. Lord may this child not suffer in any way. Amen

Comments

  1. My heart hurts right now, I can't imagine how you feel Sis. I pray for your strength and gods continuous grace and mercy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings...

Shaken up

Make that a combo please