Sunday fun day: II MAMA



I had the opportunity to be a mom today. What do mean? Well I was initially called to motherhood for the first time on 5/5/15, with a handsome baby boy Emmanuel Ernesto. I was then asked to bring life again on 3/2/17 with a gorgeous baby girl Emelia Rose. 

Well today I got the pleasure of spending time with them. You see as I have been the milkmaid mama for our Mac, and constant source of just about everything for the past 5 months, but even more so this last month. With this recent diagnosis I have been confined to the halls and walls of a hospital.  
That means 
✔️rotations of my husband (daddy)sister and mother-in-law (ayeya) sleeping with me
✔️which then includes daddy and ayeya partaking in drop off duties
✔️my father doing pere-pere Uber, by picking up the kids from school
✔️multiple items of food being lovingly prepared (mere-mere, ayeya, colleagues from school)
✔️my sister keeping our kids busy with her two boys in the afternoon


So today my two oldest had the blessing of me being kicked out and being with them all day. 
Boy did we have fun
park
dollar tree: to get snacks for Mia’s snack buddy day
Reginelli’s for build your pizza 

There was some sense of normalcy. I mean no more than 2 weeks ago, we were all out in the front of our home, Manny was riding his bike (no training wheels), Mia was drawing on the sidewalk in chalk, and Max was hanging out in his stroller. Now our normalcy is confined to the hospital ward, currently with gown and mask
I am reminded that I am a mother of 3 amazing kids. That means my time with them, despite everything that is going on I must be intentional with any moment that I have with them. 
That I must be patient when Emmanuel tells me a story, because often time he lingers, so don’t rush him. Knowing Emelia is very independent and is so excited when she accomplished something on her own, so let her be. Of course Emerson, well right now he often is found smiling, even after feeling nauseated and vomiting. 

"Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!"
Psalms‬ ‭46:10‬‬
Thus verse constantly resonates with me. Many of you know I have this exact scripture on the inner portion of my upper arm. You may also say, but Elizabeth you are never still! Oh how right you are. However I will admit Mac’s diagnosis has taught me to be still, acknowledging that there are some things (diseases like cancer) that I as a doctor/mom, have no control over. 
 What do you need to be still in?
  What do you need to let go of control of?



Father God, thank you for granting me the true honor of being a mama to my amazing kids. I know that before time you knew of these children, and I can only hope that you use me as their mother to nurture them and love them. May I teach them your ways. Amen


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings...

Shaken up

Make that a combo please