Induction complete: 5/5

"And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."
-‭‭Colossians‬ ‭3:17‬‬

When you leave me with daddy!

And we are done! At least we can check off the induction of cycle one
Can’t believe that our little man has finished 5 wholes days:
✔️of back to back sessions of chemotherapy, including initial day of intrathecal chemotherapy
✔️1 blood transfusions
✔️2 platelet transfusions
✔️multiple fevers (as of now going on >48 hours fever  free)
✔️(+) nasal swabs: rhinovirus and parainfluenza
   *which has led us to droplet precautions: mask, gloves and those beautiful yellow gowns
✔️Sodium and calcium being replaced
✔️blood draws up to 3 times a day (thank God he doesn’t need to be poked, the port a cath is there)
✔️vomiting, only a few times
✔️Multiple diaper changes, to the point I have lost count
  *a very raw bottom from the chemo
✔️crying fits that not only I can’t bear to hear, but I seem to be the only one to calm
✔️praying for continued milk production, to keep my little man strong


  Today I was actually kicked out! Can you believe it. I mean all the work I’ve done to rearrange our hospital suite, as I like to call it, I mean all I need is a throw rug and a lamp, maybe a hot plate ☺️. So I took a walk outside, and boy was it a beautiful day. I try to keep the shade up during the day, as to let the light in for Mac. I was actually sort of forced to go back inside because the smell of cigarettes was just too much. I was able to listen/read the Bible and it was lovely. Then a little binge watching of some cooking shows. I didn’t go real far, as there is a lovely sitting area one floor under from where we are. 

  Although it’s nice to see 4 different walls I’m still connected to my Mac. I’m constantly asked if there is anything the staff here can do for me, if I just want to step out to get a cup of coffee or stretch my legs. The reality is, part of me is in that room, hooked to lines. Lines that I wish I could connect to me, that would pour chemicals to kill a disease that I wish I could take away from my 5 month old son. Our little Emerson who has come into the world in the most perfect of ways. As I write this and tears stream, I hope that my sobbing is not echoed though this atrium. I’m at peace knowing that for the past two days Emerson has not been suffering with pain. I am also blessed do have heard from Dr.V today that the mutation Mac has a intermediate to high risk. That basically means that after this round or even second round if no cancer cells present we may not need stem cell transplant. The reality is that AML’s cure rate is in the 60th percentile. With that said, it’s being recommended that we would move forward with that, when the time comes, especially if one of his siblings is a match. 

It was nice to step out. Even better to see his sweet face once I returned. He is truly teaching me so much. Now I haven’t forgotten to finished up about where I have been reading from in the Bible. So look out for my next post coming up.

Father God as this day comes to an end, I’m so grateful for how you have brought Mac through this initial phase. To know that so many people who love him are reading this and praying for him, makes me as a mother know that your hand is at work. May you continue to watch over us and bring healing to his body. Amen

Comments

  1. Psalm 119: (105) Your word is a lamp and light on my path.

    Psalm 30: (6b) Tears may linger for the night, but with dawn come cries of joy.

    Be encourage, knowing He cares for you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings...

Shaken up

Happy Birth day month!