House

Icebox, ever been in one? Well if you walk into a hospital your basically inside of one. I mean I totally get it, trying to decrease the possible growths of bacteria, but remind why I always forget to bring all of my winter gear!
Have any of you watched a medical series called HOUSE? Well I will admit I’m a sucker for medical shows, yes I am a doctor but there are a lot of non health professionals that enjoy it too. Anyhoo, I’m thus series there are always patients with seemingly straight forward symptoms but the diagnosis is not so much. I’ve felt that with with Mac from the beginning. Just the perplexity that came just from his eyes, and add the other things well it felt like an episode of House, without any cynical and snarky  physicians. So here I was in the hospital, admitting Emerson, to try to get to the bottom of it all.
 Last night was actually better than I would have expected. Outside of two episodes of spitting up, my Mac slept pretty good, for more than one hour stretch. I could chalk it up to the anesthesia he received earlier in the day. As my family had left for the evening and I settled in, I realized that deapite my fatigue, it was the first night in a while where I had no desire to sleep. Now for many of you all who know my family we love Jesus, so much so that despite the health issues that are before us with our son our trust and faith remain in God. It is so easy to get consumed in the things of this world. It’s like watching a tornado and wondering what is it going to hit next, complete chaos and calm at the same time.
I decided to go to a very famous psalm in the Old Testament:

“The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I lack. He lets me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He renews my life; He leads me along the right paths for His name’s sake. Even when I go through the darkest valley, I fear no danger, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff — they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Only goodness and faithful love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord as long as I live.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭23:1-6‬ ‭HCSB‬‬

Before procedure
Elvin arrived from home close to 4am, to make sure I was resting and to spend time with his Paquito, as he so dearly calls him. My mother later arrived right @ 6am, as they were preparing to bring us down. We arrive in pre-op and all eyes are on our sweet baby. Again we review what’s going to happen and the anesthesia team, surgical team make sure all papers are signed. We prayed over him and again into arms of strangers. Plan was understood and I would received text messages along the way about his status

1st call: surgery: biopsy went well appears like lymphoid cells, additions test to be completed; port placed; oncology present for bone marrow
2nd call: emerson is in recovery



After procedure 
As I walked into PACU, I could distinctly here my son’s aching cry. Combination of pain and hunger. They were just about to try a small bottle, but he already knew that no plastic/silicone would replace mom. I quickly fed him and he did great. But I could tell he was in some discomfort so the painful cry was soon let out. He was given some medication, fentanyl to be exact, and he calmed down. So much so that he slept for the next 2 hours
Hard work: biopsy x2; port a catch 




Back in the room with both of his grandmothers.The hospitality team followed up with us back on the floor, along with nursing staff: At that point we have been told we are just waiting on pathology to give us a read on flow cytometry (the measurements of the properties of cells). Again waiting is not my best attribute as it deals with me having patience. By only the power of the Holy Spirit a song called While I’m waiting is pressed into my heart
Please listen to me: https://youtu.be/3gjXBMC8-oM
  Father God again I come before you a humble servant, asking that you may provide news that is in your favor. May Emerson not suffer in pain this evening and allow all that needs to be done, result in prognosis that will be to your glory! Amen
Next blog will include potential diagnosis...stat tuned

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings...

Shaken up

Make that a combo please