Gobble Gobble: Turkey Love



Good early morning. As I write Mac is falling back asleep as his labs were drawn. 
Emerson had a wonderful thanksgiving. I will admit that he has been a bit fussy, but who could blame him. His poor little bum is very sensitive, even with us changing his diaper frequently.  As you can imagine with anything that you consume, including medication, it’s got to make its way out. 

So many people cooked and labored and traveled to come and share in the day with us at the hospital. I mean you could smell the gumbo and various dressing and fixings, as I tried to offer other families come and join. I had not thought that this thanksgiving would be spent in a hospital, but I was going to give thanks and praise because of all that God has done.
I mean despite this diagnosis, my child is breathing, eating on his own, and not needing to be connected to a bunch of tubes and wiring. 
To be honest, while we stay in this room, I have no idea what is going on in the rooms next door and across the way. Often times I pass a mother or father, and smile as we cross paths. I have on occasion asked the question ‘why is your child here?’ Though I’ve heard a few stories at this point, it’s like a small connection between parents. Though circumstances may be different, I know that we love our children. 
It reminds me of the love our Heavenly Father has for us, and His desire to provide for us in all ways. 
"He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?"
-‭Romans‬ ‭8:32‬‬
I cannot imagine giving any of my children up for another person. That is my love for them, yet God’s love is so much bigger, and for that I’m grateful.

Our wonderful nurse E, just finished drawing labs, and we will see what those results are as it is determined wether or not we can potentially go home. VICTORY! Well I would love to go home, even if it’s for a few days. 
So I’m not superstitious or anything, so I don’t mind saying something and praying it will come to fruition, and if it does not than it wasn’t part of God’s plan. At least maybe not at that time. 

Father God, I thank you for all that you do. The way that you love your children is beyond my understanding, and I’m grateful for this. Praising you for the small victories is my heart desire. May you guard and protect us thus day. Amen

P.S. so I know today is Black Friday, many of you have chosen to shop online, rather than fight in those long lines. I ask that you guys dig deep and look into possibly making donations.
Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Or for our family
A day in Mac’s Life

Comments

  1. Psalm 37: (3) Trust in the Lord, and do good; settle in the land (rest), and feed on faithfulness (Word).
    (4) Then you delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you heart's desire.
    (5) Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him, and he will act.

    Lyrics -My heart's Desire

    My heart's desire is to praise you Jesus, the hope of glory.
    My heart's desire is to lift you up today, even in the times of troubles, even in the times of trials.

    Ohhhhhhhhh, Your names Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, our hope of glory.

    Today and always Jesus, I will praise your name. My heart's desire, oooo.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings...

Shaken up

Make that a combo please