Sunday fun day: part I QUIET

   So today is to be a QUIET day. Now in the world of medicine you never quite want to use that word. It’s considered a superstitious thing as if to say it means that the chaos fairies are going to come out and the day will be filled without any rest. None the less, Dr. V says that a quiet day is a great day. 


   Today is laundry day, AGAIN. Yes! I think that is something we will be having to do a lot of. Between the diapers changes and the vomiting episodes that means a lot of clothing being changed. Not just for Mac but for whoever may be holding are caring for him in that moment. I’m not sure if I’ve told you that the pediatric floor @ Oschner has a washer/dryer, and they provide detergent. Isn’t that amazing? Now I can say I’m blessed as we live about 20 minutes away, so getting clean clothes is not a stretch. But between the pediatric medical floor and ICU, there are a lot of families that are far from home. Do you realize what it means to have clean clothes for you and your child? A lot! It gives a sense of normal in all the stuff that’s going around. So as I sat waiting for laundry to dry I decided to reach out to a few companies and see if I could stir their interest. 

  For some laundry baskets, that could be dispensed @ admission, sterilized and re-distributed for the next family

  For a possible new washer/dryer. As the ones they have, though they work, they are out dated, most likely not energy efficient and there is only one of each. I’m hoping for 2 stackable ones

And finally 

   As this is the detergent that they supply us with. The sensitive version to be exact, which is ideal as the patients are pretty ill and their skin doesn’t need to be harmed. 


   I never thought that I would be looking or searching for companies to provide help or care in any situation. We have met so many families with so many stories about why their little ones are hospitalized. This diagnosis AML has literally hit home, and with that said if during Emerson care I could be used to seek out provisions so that other families can feel loved why not. 

"give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you."
-‭Luke‬ ‭6:38‬‬

   Since we have been here there have been two random occasions that I have desired something and God provided. A week ago, after having a full day of visitors in our small room, I made a comment to my mother that it would be nice to have a bigger room, no later than I hung up we were being moved to another room. The next day with my sister I said I would love some fuzzy slippers, no later did my husband’s Abuela walk in with fuzzy slippers. 

"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you."
Matthew‬ ‭7:7‬

But I also reminded of this verse
"In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.' "
Acts‬ ‭20:35‬‬

   Now you may think why didn’t you ask for your son to be healed? Believe me that was my first prayer, right after my disbelief of what was even happening. It is part of my daily prayer. As I have believed since Mac’s birth is that God was going to use him, and hopefully me. I know that God’s desire is not to have his children suffer. Yet often times things like CANCER, come into your life and you know that God is going to use that season so that glory and honor can be given to him. You see as you are reading this, it’s not just only about Emerson, it’s all about how amazing my God is. I am just proud to be Mac’s mom, and to be able to share his journey with you has been such an honor.


  Father God thank you for today. For the calm that was present. As we prepare to resume chemo tomorrow, though it may be a different route, may you provide comfort from the pain. May you continue to be our hope and strength. Amen

Comments

  1. This is a chorus of a song "Because He Lives".

    How sweet to hold a newborn baby and feel the pride and joy He gives. But greater still the calm assurance, this child can face uncertain day, because he lives.

    Because He lives, I can face tomorrow.
    Because He lives, all fear is gone.
    Because I know He holds the future.
    And life is worth the living, just because He lives.

    Because He lives, Yes Lord. Hallelujah!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The testimony of God is eternally faithful. I am bless too see the handiwork of our Redeemer in this family life. Hallelujah!!!!

    Alvin and Elizabeth I am shouting, singing, dancing, thanking Him with your.

    Here is another lyrics of song. It's the Lord's Battle.

    There's no sadness, Jesus can't feel and there is no sorrow, that the Master is not able and willing to heal. Remember that ALL things work they're not gonna be all good. But they're gonna work according to God's purpose and His holy will. All He wants to do is use you, for this Battle is not yours, its, its the LORD. Hallelujah!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings...

Shaken up

Make that a combo please