Weary...let me not be anxious



Is that possible? To be nervous and elated as well. Yesterday was a calm day, filled with discontinuing medicine from the port, and watching for fevers. Mac is still a bit congested and has a cough, but otherwise he has no other symptoms. He has managed to feed for time on end, and yet he still is losing weight. I’m grateful that his appetite is still normal, as he does have an aversion to medicines but not to my milk! His counts, blood count that is; has been recuperating. There is concern for continued elevation of monocytees, which Emerson’s type of leukemia has a high proportion of. Per Dr.V that will not keep us from going home.
Manny and Mia are excited to have both mom and baby back home. I am excited that they will enjoy a few days of normalcy.

The medications that we need to go home with have been written and will be sent up by pharmacy. The room has been packed up. I will have to say that I don’t recall coming in with half of what we left with. Plan is to keep most of it packed up as we will be back in about less than 2 weeks; as he will still be closely followed in the outpatient clinic and repeat resting including  blood, biopsies and imaging will be done.
I am reminded of how easy I can worry. Of course I’ve been given a large binder with numbers and information about AML, and what to do and what not do. It makes me nervous to think I have to take my child out of this bubble he has been in. I am then reminded about not worrying when Jesus is preaching in Matthew 6.

Father God I know that our journeys has just begun. Though I may not see what the next step is, I believe that you will continue to light our course. I praise you that so many have come around and supported us in various ways.  Thank you for reminding me that you have Emerson in the palm of your hand, and I need not be weary. Amen
Home we are going!

Comments

  1. 1 Chronicles 29: (13) Therefore, our God, we thank you and praise your glorious name.

    Isaiah 41: (10) Don't be afraid, for I am with you; don't be distressed, for I am your God. I give you strength, I give you help, I support you with my victorious right hand.

    Lyrics - The Hurt and The Healer

    Why? The question that is never far away. The healing doesn't come from the explained, Jesus please don't let this go in vain. You're all I have, all that remains.

    So here I am, what's left of me, where glory meets my suffering. I am alive even though a part of me has died. You take my heart and breathe it back to life. I'll fall into Your arms open wide.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings...

Shaken up

Make that a combo please